Latanoprost is a widely used eye drop for the management of the various kinds of vision disorder such as open angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension. Latanoprost is the active pharmaceutical ingredient of Latoprost eye drop which is used as natural prostaglandin analogue. It enhances the drainage of aqueous humour liquid in the eye and reduces the pressure within the eyeball, result in protecting the eyes from eye diseases like glaucoma, and ocular hypertension. The Trabecular meshwork channel is liable to release this fluid in the eye ball thus if it is block than the pressure within eyeball may increase. This medicine should be kept in cool and dry place.
Indications of Latanoprost
Latanoprost is indicated for treatment of
- Open angle glaucoma
- Ocular hypertension
Contraindications of Latanoprost
You must avoid this medicine if you have any disease. These diseases are described below;
- Anaphylactic reaction
- Kidney failure
- Pregnant woman
- Hepatic condition
Drug interactions of Latanoprost
Drug interactions are the circumstance in which two or more drugs interact to each other and influence the function with each drug. This drug is mainly interacting with Bimatoprost and non steroid anti inflammatory drug like aspirin and ibuprofen.
Storage conditions of Latanoprost
This medicine should be stored at 20 to 30̊C or controlled room temperature and protect from heat and moisture. Please do not store any expiry date medicine.
Write Your Own Review
Latanoprost is an ophthalmic solution which is applied by the topical. The Recommended dose of this medicine for adult patients is only one drop of the solution in the affected eye once in a day. It gives more efficacies if dose is taken in the evening time. The Same dose can be given to the pediatric patient as like adult patient. This drug should not be recommended for less than one year patients.
Missed dose of Latanoprost
If one dose is missed, treatment should continue with the next dose as normal.
Overdose of Latanoprost
Overdose of this medicine may be dangerous to your health thus you should avoid overdose of this medicine. In a case of overdose you should be concerned your doctor immediately.
This medicine may show few adverse effects after applying this medicine. These adverse effects are lightheadedness, mild eye anxiety, headache, abnormal visualization, chest pain, hypersensitive reaction toward light and itching of the eye.
If you observed any another side effect then you calls to your doctor.
You must follow these precautions which are useful for your health. These precautions are described below;
- Do not apply on the skin if you have any sensitive reaction to its active or inactive ingredients.
- This medicine should not advise those patients who are suffering from another type of glaucoma disease like narrow angle glaucoma.
- This medicine should avoid with other prostaglandin analogue.
- Before applying this medicine to the eye you wear out the lance and wear after wait 15 Minutes.
- Before taking this medicine completely cleans your hands.
- Do not take this medicine if you have an infection in the eye.
- Pregnant woman should take this medicine with caution.
- Carefully applied to the skin. Please don’t touch the eye with tip of the dropper.