Generic Anazole plays an important role in lowering the estrogen level in the postmenopausal women. It helps them in lowering the chances of breast cancer that requires estrogen for their growth.
Generic Anazole is manufactured by various pharmaceutical companies that are located all across the world. It is available under the brand names of Arimidex, Anastrazole, etc. in the market.
Generic Anazole contains various inactive ingredients such as titanium dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, polyethylene glycol, povidone, lactose, magnesium stearate, hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose, etc. FDA has approved the medicine in 1995.
Generic Anazole should be stored at room temperature that varies from 15-30 degree centigrade. Protect your medicine from light, heat and moisture. Keep it in such a place where children and pets do not reach. Always check the expiry date of the medicine before using it. Discard the expired medicine properly with the help of local company that is engaged in such activity.
Mechanism of action:
Generic Anazole works by blocking the activity of aromatase, an enzyme. This enzyme is mainly responsible for the production of estrogen in the body. In turn the size of the tumour is decreased. Also, it leads to the delayed progression of the growth of the tumour.
Generic Anazole is used in the treatment of breast cancer in postmenopausal women. In addition to this, the medicine is also used as a first line in the treatment process of hormone receptor positive or hormone receptor unknown, metastatic breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
Generic Anazole might interact with some other medicine and can alter its effect. Therefore, it is always advisable to keep a list of all medicines that you are using and share it with your doctor. This will help you in getting proper and exact dose needed for your fitness. Never increase or decrease the dose than recommended by your doctor. Do not stop taking medicine without consulting to the doctor.
Write Your Own Review
Generic Anazole should be taken once in a day. This medicine can be taken with food or without food. You might need to take the medicine for up to five years. Follow the instructions for dose that is provided to you by your medical advisor. The dose is actually based on your physical condition and medicine tolerance power of the body.
In case you miss any if your doses, take it as soon as your remember about it. In case it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take the scheduled dose. Never double the dose of the medicine to catch up for the missed one.
In case overdose of the medicine is suspected, consult your doctor immediately.
Generic Anazole might lead to following side effects in some cases:
- Hot flashes
- Increased blood pressure
- Pain in bone
- Vaginal bleeding
- Thinning of hair
- Dry mouth
- Change in weight
- Increased cough
- Swollen glands
- Slurred speech
- Generic Anazole might cause allergic reaction in some of the user of this medicine. Therefore, tell your doctor in case you are allergic to this medicine or any other medicine.
- Generic Anazole contains various inactive ingredients that might be responsible for causing allergy. Hence, check the ingredients properly before using the medicine.
- In case you have medical history of any disease such as liver disease, high blood pressure, blood clots, brittle bone disease, etc. tell your doctor prior taking the medicine.
- Generic Anazole makes you feel dizzy and also leads to blurred vision. Therefore, avoid work that requires alertness.
- Intake of alcohol and alcoholic beverages should be avoided when taking the medicine.