Antifungal prescriptions are utilized to treat parasitic contaminations, which most usually influence your skin, hair and nails. You can get some antifungal solutions over the counter from your drug store, yet you may require a remedy from your GP for different kinds. Less regularly, there are additionally more genuine parasitic diseases that grow somewhere inside the body tissues, which may should be dealt with in healing facility.
Antifungals are useful for the treatment of can treat of –
- athlete's foot
- aspergillosis, which influences the lungs
- fungal meningitis, which influences the mind
- fungal nail contamination
- vaginal thrush
- some sorts of extreme dandruff
You're more in danger of getting one of these more genuine contagious contaminations on the off chance that you have a debilitated safe framework – for instance, in case you're taking solutions to stifle your invulnerability.
Antifungal medications are accessible as:
- Topical antifungals – a cream, gel, salve or splash you can apply straightforwardly to your skin, hair or nails
- Oral antifungals – a case, tablet or fluid drug that you swallow
- Intravenous antifungals – an infusion into a vein in your arm, normally given in clinic
- Intravaginal antifungal pessaries – little, delicate tablets you can embed into the vagina
Some regular names for antifungal prescriptions include: clotrimazole, econazole, miconazole, terbinafine, fluconazole, ketoconazole, amphotericin