Aromasin is an effective hormonal oral therapy for the cure of breast cancer in postmenopausal women who have received two to three year anticancer drug such as tamoxifen. Exemastane is a active chemical compound of this medicine. This drug is classified to the aromatase inhibitor group. This medicine shows its action by inhibiting the synthesis of estrogen with the help of inactivation of the aromatase enzyme. This enzyme is responsible for the production of the estrogen by the conversation of androgen to the estrogen. Exemastane acts as a false substrate for the aromatase enzyme and compose a permanent intermediary subsequent to the bind to the active side of the enzyme, result in inactivation of the enzyme. This estrogen hormone level is not only cause of the cancer in the breast but also produce other effect like water retention, weight gain and Gynecomastia worst. This medicine should keep in cool and dry place.
Indications of Aromasin
Aromasin is indicated for the management of the superior breast tumor in postmenopausal women whose disease has progressed by the Tamoxifen therapy
Contraindications of Aromasin
These are the medical conditions, in which this medicine shows contraindication. These medical conditions are specified below
- Hypersensitivity reaction
- Premenopausal women
- During pregnancy
- During lactation
Drug Interactions of Aromasin
Drug interactions are the incident in which two or more drugs act together within a body and influence the action of each drug. Aromasin exhibits some interactions with other drugs which are described below;
- CYP3A4 inhibitors: Ritonavir, Rifampin, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, and Phenobarbital.
- Estrogens; Ethinyl estradiol and Conjugated Estrogens
- Anti estrogen drug; Tamoxifen Toremifene
- Anti coagulants drug; Warfarin and Coumarin
Storage condition of Aromasin
This medicine must be stored at controlled room temperature and protect from direct sunlight or moisture. This medicine should be close in air tight container and please do not store any expiry date medicine.
Write Your Own Review
Aromasin is a solid dosage form which is administrated by the oral route The recommended dose of this medicine is 25 mg single dose in one day after the meal. This medicine should take after the meal.
Missed Dose of Aromasin
If you would like a good beneficial effect of this medicine then you should not forget any dose. If you missed your dose then please take it as soon as possible but if it had taken a long time than skipped it and take the regular dose as per schedule and avoided the double dose of this medicine.
Overdose of Aromasin
You should avoid overdose of this medicine because any overdose can cause to develop serious sign and symptoms. Please contact with the doctor about overdose case.
This Aromasin illustrate any adverse effects which are irregular breathing, tachycardia, back pain, unhappiness, cough, severity in the chest, sickness, nausea, inflammation of feet or legs and increase body temperature.
The above list of adverse effects is not complete then you experienced any other side effect then immediately contact your doctor.
Prior taken this medicine you should follow these precautions which are described below
- if you are suffering from any allergic reaction after taken this medicine then you should stop this medication.
- Please do not take this medicine with the anticoagulant drug.
- This medicine does not show action together with hormone replacement therapy.
- This medicine does not suggest to the premenopausal women.
- The patients who are suffering from the renal and hepatic patient should take this medicine with caution.
- Pediatric patient should take this medicine with caution because this patient more susceptible towards its adverse effect.
- Breast feeding female should not take this medicine because this drug may exceed to the baby through the milk.