Albuterol Rotacaps is oral therapy which is used for treatment of bronchospasm condition such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Albuterol is an active pharmaceutical compound. This active compound is classified into bronchodilators. This medicine shows its bronchodilator action by increase the synthesis of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP). This cAMP is increased the activity the cAMP- depended protein kinase. This kinase is responsible for the decrease the calcium concentrations, result in dilation of the smooth muscle. This medicine is used as a short term therapy. This medicine should store in cool and dry place.
Indications of Albuterol Rotacaps
Albuterol Rotacaps is an intended for the management of respiratory disorder like asthma, bronchitis and emphysema.
Contraindications of Albuterol Rotacaps
You must avoid this medicine if you have any disease. These diseases are described below;
- Anaphylactic reaction
- Diabetic patient
- Kidney failure
- Pregnant woman
- Myocardial dysfunction
- Hepatic condition
Drug interactions of Albuterol Rotacaps
Drug interactions are the condition in which two or more drugs interact to each other and influence the function of each drug. These drugs are given below;
- MAO inhibitors; Isocarboxazid and Phenelzine.
- Tricyclic antidepressants drug; Amitriptyline and Amoxapine
- Beta agonist Drugs: Epinephrine and Metaproterenol
- non potassium sparing diuretic; Thiazide and furosemide
- Beta blocker drug; Propranolol and Atenolol
Storage conditions of Albuterol Rotacaps
This medicine should be stored at 20 to 25̊C or controlled room temperature and protect from heat and moisture. Please do not store any expiry date medicine.
Write Your Own Review
Albuterol Rotacaps is an oral inhaler which is administrated by the oral route.
The recommend dose for the adult patient is 200 mcg inhaled in every 4 to 6 hours and also pediatric patient who above the 5 years but you may increase this dose up to 400 mcg in every 4 to 6 hours, if needed.
For bronchospasm prophylaxis- 200mcg is inhaled 15 minutes before the exercise or workout.
Missed dose of Albuterol Rotacaps
This medicine provides a good effect if you do not miss any dose of this medicine. If you missed any dose of this medicine then you consume this dose immediately but you near the next dose then you take this medicine as per your schedule and avoid double dose.
Overdose of Albuterol Rotacaps
Overdose of this medicine may be lethal to your health thus you should avoid overdose of this medicine. In a case of overdose you should be concerned your doctor immediately.
This medicine may show few side effects which are instability in the muscle, trembling of the hands, abnormal heart beat, cough, roughness, skin rush, inflammation of the skin, chest pain and breathing problem.
If you observe any other adverse effects then contact with your doctor.
You must follow these precautions which are useful for your health. These precautions are described below;
- Do not this medicine if you have any allergic reaction to its active or inactive ingredients.
- This medicine should not consume with other beta adrenergic agonists because this produce life threatening bronchispasm.
- Avoid this medicine during the taking of food
- Avoid alcohol and smoking during the use of this medicine.
- You must take this medicine with the anti inflammatory drug like corticosteroids for adequate the relief from the asthma.
- Pregnant woman should take this medicine with caution
- This medicine is not recommended to the below the 2 year Childs.