Generic Aventyl or Nortriptyline belongs to the class of medicine known as tricyclic antidepressant. This medicine is used to treat depression.
Other medicine of same class includes:
Depression is the result of the imbalance in the neurotransmitter. Neurotransmitter is the chemical that the nerve uses for communication purposes. The medicine works by increasing the level of serotonin and norepinephrine and block the action of acetylcholine. The medicine got approval from FDA in November1964.
The various inactive ingredients present in the medicine are gelatine, silicone fluid starch, titanium dioxide, FD &C yellow #6, D&C Yellow #10, etc.
The medicine should be stored at room temperature. It should be protected from light, heat and moisture. The medicine should be properly checked for the expiry date before its use.
If the patient misses the dose, then they should take it as soon as remember. However, if it’s time for next dose then they should skip the missed dose and take the scheduled dose.
Write Your Own Review
Generic Aventyl or Nortriptyline might cause side effects in some of the users that include:
- Fast heart rate
- Blurred vision
- Retention of urine
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain or loss
- Low blood pressure
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Before taking generic Aventyl or Nortriptyline, the patient should tell to the doctor if they are allergic to this medicine or have any other allergy.
- The medicine contains various inactive ingredients that might lead to allergic reaction in some of the users. Therefore, proper precaution should be taken by the patient before its intake.
- Before using the medicine, the patient should tell to the doctor if they have any medical history of problem associated with liver, breathing, urination, recent heart attack, eye problem, bipolar disorder, brain disease, etc.
- The medicine makes the patient feel dizzy and also causes blurred vision. Hence, the patient should avoid the work that requires alertness.
- Intake of alcohol should be avoided by the patient during the treatment with this medicine.
- The patient should discuss the risk and benefit of taking this medicine as it might passes into the breast milk of the nursing mother.