What is Vardenafil and why it is used?
Generic Vardenafil is an oral drug that is used in the treatment of male impotency. Impotency also termed as the erectile dysfunction is the inability to maintain a penile erection hard enough for the sexual intimacy session. Vardenafil comes under the category of PDE Type-5 inhibitors, which is responsible for the degradation of cGMP in the corpus cavernosum. The proper use of the Vardenafil results in strong penile erection while having love making session. The drug is also used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension.
In what way Vardenafil treats erectile dysfunction?
In normal condition, penile erections in men occur when male genital organ gets completely filled with blood by the activity of blood vessels that delivers and remove vessels to the male genital organ. They get increase in size and increase the delivery of blood to the male sexual organ. Simultaneously blood vessels that remove the blood from the penis, gets decrease in size and decrease the removal of blood away from the penis. At the time of sexual stimulation, nitric oxide releases in the penis. Nitric oxide activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase, to produce cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). This cGMP is responsible for the dilation and contraction of blood vessels and this chemical is inhibited by the PDE- Type 5 enzyme (phosphodiesterase type 5) that is present in the walls of penile blood vessels and erectile tissue of the penis. Vardenafil inhibits this enzyme. Thus cGMP persists for longer duration, hence results in longer engorgement of the male sexual organ.
- Vardenafil comes under a variety of brands like Vilitra, Filitra and Valif. These are highly demanded medications for treating erectile dysfunction. These medicines promote the blood flow towards the penile area and boost up the penile erectile ability of men.
Available doses of Vilitra and Filitra:
- Vilitra and Filitra are available in the doses of 20mg, 40mg and 60mg. Treatment therapy should be started from 20mg that can be enhanced up to 60mg depending upon the condition of the patient. The recommended dose of the Valif is 20mg.
How to take Vardenafil?
Vardenafil is supposed to be taken just 30 minutes prior to the sexual practice. The maximum dosing frequency is once per day. It can be taken with or without food. The effect of the drug lasts for 4 to 5 hours. While having the medication, fat and oil free diet should be taken. Intake of fatty diet decreases absorption and efficacy of the medication.
Special note on Vardenafil:
- The drug should never be used by women because it can damage to the developing foetus or it can pass into the breast milk also.
- Vardenafil should not be taken along with nitrate containing medications, because it can cause serious effects to the blood stream.
- If a person is taking other medications to treat erectile dysfunction, use of these drugs should be avoided.
- If you are oversensitive to the Vardenafil Citrate, the medication should not be taken.
- If prolonged erections occur that continues for longer than 4 hours, the condition named priapism, medical assistance should be taken.
- The use of the drug should be avoided in case if the person is having chest pain and heart problems.
- After taking the medication, driving should not be done because the medication can cause sleepiness and blurry vision.
- Operation of heavy machinery should be avoided while having this medication.
- The drug is not meant to be used by the woman and the children below the age of 18 years.
- Use of alcoholic beverages is meant to be prohibited with the use of Vardenafil.
- Intake of grape juice can increase the side effects like drowsiness and giddiness.
- Do not take extra dose of the medication within 24 hours.
“You must buy Vardenafil in the form of Valif, Filitra, and Vilitra to solve the problem of loose erections and have an enjoyful life with your partner. The drugs are easily available at our online drug stores at cheap and reasonable rates”