Aziderm cream is a topical medication to handle the inflammatory acne and mild to moderate whiteheads. Azelaic acid contains dicarboxylic acid that exhibits anti- bacterial activity. Azelaic acid acts by killing the bacteria that infect the pores of the skin. Even it also declines the production of keratin that causes the acne. Azelaic acid also blocks the construction of proteins compulsory for the bacteria or microorganisms to survive.
Indications of Aziderm cream
- Aziderm cream is used for the topical treatment of mild to moderate acne.
- Aziderm cream also cures from Vulgaris, Melasma (tanning), Whiteheads, Blackheads, etc.
Drug interactions of Aziderm cream
Some medicines that cause interaction with Aziderm cream such as Benzyl peroxide, Sulphur, herbal and natural products, oil containing products, salicylic acid, products having alcohol, etc.
Contraindications of Aziderm cream
Aziderm cream should not be used in case of;
- In the patient who are hypersensitive to Azelaic acid or other components of the cream.
- In the children below 12 years of the age.
- Aziderm cream contraindicated in the injured skin, burnt or cut or lesion on the skin.
Storage of the Aziderm cream
The Aziderm cream should be kept under below mentioned conditions;
- Keep the Aziderm cream in cool and dry place.
- Store the Aziderm cream below room temperature, i.e. 30 0C.
- Stay away from contact to excess heat and freezing of the cream.
Write Your Own Review
Missed Dose of Aziderm cream
If the patient missed a dose of Aziderm creams apply it as soon as you get memorize. If it gets the time for the next dose then leave it and move further for your regular dose schedule.
Overdose of Aziderm cream
Being a topical formulation there is an almost negligible chance of overdosing. If it happens there will be no any severe complication.
Side effects of Aziderm cream
- Common side effects of Aziderm cream are- itching, redness, stinging, dryness, burning sensation etc.
- Severe side effects of Aziderm cream are- change in skin color, peeling, and inflammation of the skin, swelling on your mouth, lips and face.
Some precautions should be taken while using Aziderm cream;
- If the patient is allergic to Azelaic acid then proper precaution should be taken.
- If the patient has a history of asthma or cold sores then they should take proper care while applying Aziderm cream, if any, of Aziderm cream is absorbed into the blood may cause interaction with the medicines of the asthma and cold sores.
- Avoid contact of Aziderm cream with eyes, nose, mouth or vagina. If the cream enters into your eyes then wash it at once with plenty of water.
- If the Aziderm cream is swallowed by mistake then contact your nearest clinic.
- Do not use any other products on your face while using Aziderm cream.
- Take some cautions while using the Aziderm cream in children younger than 12 years of age.