A small overview of the product Differin/ Adaferin gel:
Differin/ Adaferin gel is used for the treatment of pimples, acne, severe acne, spots, blackheads that makes the face to look bad. This gel makes the skin blemish free, soft and glowing so that you look lovely and attractive. It is a vitamin A derivative that contains Adapalene as its important generic ingredient.
Mode of action of Differin/ Adaferin gel:
Adapalene is placed in the category of medicines namely retinoid. This medicinal component acts by normalizing the differentiation of follicular epithelial cells and keratinization to restrict the microcomedone synthesis, similar to working of retinoic acid. In this way, it produces its anti-inflammatory activity.
Dose Recommendation of Differin/ Adaferin gel:
Differin/ Adaferin gel contains 0.1 %(w/w) of Adapalene. This medicine is applied at night before going to bed after making your face clear with a mild cleansing agent and making it dried. Then put a thin film with your fingertip at the desired area with slight rubbing. Never forget to wash hands afterward.
Contra indicatory measures of Differin/ Adaferin gel:
- Generic Adapalene cannot be used in case of hypersensitivity to any component present in it.
- In case of having a skin rash, or sensitivity to the sun, you cannot use Generic Adapalene.
- Pregnant women or a breastfeeding mother cannot use Generic Adapalene as may pass to the unborn and may result in birth imperfections.
Precautionary measures of Differin/ Adaferin gel:
- Avoid going into direct sunlight as Generic Adapalene may increase the sensitivity towards the sunlight.
- You need to avoid skin products like eg. Astringent and lime containing face wash and cleansers as these products may make the acne worse.
- Avoid the spread of Generic Adapalene to the areas like eyes, nose lips as it may causes irritation in that particular area.
Side effects of Differin/ Adaferin gel:
- Dry or shedding skin
- Soreness, stinging or red-hot of skin
- Flaking skin
- Skin pain,
- The sensation of warmth
Write Your Own Review
Generic Differin should be used once in a day. The patient should wash their hand properly before applying the medicine. After that, the affected area should also be cleaned using soap less cleaner and allow it to dry.
Once the clean affected area is dried, the user should apply a thin layer of generic Differin on to it.
The patient might suffer from side effect after applying generic Differin such as:
- Skin discoloration
- Skin become red
- Mild burning
- Warmth sensation
- Redness of skin
- Swelling of eyelid
- Before applying the medicine, the patient should tell to the doctor if they are allergic to it.
- The inactive ingredients might also cause allergic reaction to some of the user. Hence, proper care should be taken while applying it.
- If the patient has medical history of eczema or any other disease, then they should tell to the doctor before using this medicine.
- Due to the application of the generic medicine, the skin of the user becomes more sensitive to the sun. Therefore, patient should avoid prolonged exposure to sun.
- While the treatment with this medicine, the patient should avoid any application for removing hair from the area that is being treated with the medicine.
- The patient should use this medicine only on the skin and should never apply on the inner lip area or inside mouth or nose.
- The user of this medicine should never apply this medicine on cut, scrapped or eczema affected skin, else it might worsen the health of the patient.
- Care should be taken by the patient for not getting this medicine into the eyes. Accidently, if the eyes are affected then the user of the medicine should flush the medicine with plenty of water.