A brief summary of Doxicip:
Doxicip is an immensely used remedy for treating various types of bacterial infections. Doxicip is a tetracycline antibiotic that is effective to treat infections in different body parts. It is used only for bacterial infections and not for any other infection. Doxicip is a semi-synthetic moiety that helps in altering the cytoplasmic membrane of susceptible organisms and thus treats the infections.
What is the therapeutic action of Doxicip?
Doxicip encloses generic Doxycycline hydrochloride as the functional constituent, which is an effective tetracycline antibiotic component. The major effect of Doxicip is in the treatment of varied bacterial infections such as chest, lung, nasal, urinary, sexually transmitted, fever associated with tick or louse bites, malaria, and many others depending upon the patients.
What is the dosing schedule of Doxicip?
Doxicip 100mg is an orally ingested formulation that should be taken orally using water and with food. Take Doxicip preparation by standing in an upright position and remain in the same for about half an hour after using Doxicip. The suggested dosing regimen should be given depending on the patient’s conditions. Never overdose the medication else, this may worsen the health condition.
What are the side effects of Doxicip?
- Diarrhea, abdominal pain, indigestion
- Joint pain, headache, skin reactions
- Blurred vision, decreased appetite
What are the contraindications for the use of Doxicip?
- Use of Doxicip medication is conflicting in pregnant women and nursing mothers.
- Do not give Doxicip to children and geriatric people.
- Patients with hypersensitivity issue to any ingredient of Doxicip should not take this medication.
- If you have any other health complication regarding liver, kidney, heart, or bleeding disorder, then do not use Doxicip.
What are the safety precautions while using Doxicip?
- Avoid taking Doxicip medication with dairy products.
- Avoid the use of any other medication with Doxicip unless your physician suggested.
- Before going for any lab examination, inform the physician about Doxicip regimen.
- Avoid using Doxicip with alcohol else, it will aggravate the side effects.
Write Your Own Review
The doses are based on the type of problem it is being used, hence it varies. Do not chew the capsule. Instead you should take it along with water or milk while sitting or standing position. You should not lie down immediately after you swallow the capsule. Walk or stand upright at least for half an hour after the intake of the medicine. This is particularly very much important to avoid irritation in oesophagus, the food pipe.
- For the treatment of acne, you should take one tablet of 50 mg of the medicine in a day.
- For the treatment of infections, two 100 mg capsules on the first day and after that one 100 mg each day
- For the treatment of malaria, one 100mg capsule
In case you miss any of your doses, then take it as soon as you remember about it. In case by the time you remember about your missed dose, it’s time for your next dose, skip it and take the scheduled dose. Do not take double dose to catch up the missed one.
In case you suspect for the overdose of the medicine, consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Doxicip-hydrochloride or Doxycycline might lead to side effects in some of the patient such as:
- Stomach upset
- Oral thrush
- Sore and itchy vagina with or without discharge
- Pain in joints
- Mild irritation of the oesophagus
- Ringing in the ears
In addition to these side effects, you might also experience weakness, muscle tenderness, bleeding in the lips/nose, severe skin reactions, difficulty and pain in swallowing, fast heartbeat, dizziness, jaundice, frequent urination, etc.
- Before taking Doxicip-hydrochloride or Doxycycline, tell your doctor in case you are allergic to the medicine or have any other allergy.
- Doxicip-hydrochloride or Doxycycline contains various inactive ingredients that might lead to allergic reactions as well. Check entire ingredient of the medicine before taking it.
- You should not take this medicine just in case you already taking any medicine that has vitamin A, etc. in it.
- This medicine is not suitable for children of age less than eight years.
- Before taking the medicine, tell your doctor in case you have medical record of any disease.
- Pregnant and nursing patient should always consult to their doctor before taking the medicine.