Filagra sublingual is an orally administered drug used for the management of erectile dysfunction in males. Since it is a sublingual drug it should be placed below the tongue. It shows the quickest action as it dissolves immediately and gets absorbed in the blood stream. The main active ingredient of Filagra is sildenafil citrate. Sildenafil citrate in a Phosphodiesterase (PDE) Sildenafil citrate which is a cGMP specific acts by the release of nitric oxide (NO) in the corpus luteum of the male reproductive system. It regulates blood flow to the penis by the relaxation of smooth muscles and tissues. This enhanced blood flow to the male reproductive system leads to erection sufficient for satisfactory love making. This drug works only when you are stimulated for physical intercourse.
Filagra sublingual is prescribed for the treatment of erectile dysfunction or impotency. It helps to improve overall erotic abilities in males. It helps to treat both erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
Contraindication is the specific condition or a situation in which particular drug or treatment is strictly not recommended. Contraindications of Filagra sublingual are
- Do not recommend this drug to the patients having any of allergies to the sildenafil citrate or any other ingredient of Filagra.
- Do not recommend this drug to the patients having drugs containing nitrates like nitroglycerin.
- Do not recommend this drug to the patients having liver disorder and renal disorder.
- Do not recommend this drug to the patients having a medical history of cardiac disorder and sickle cell anaemia.
When two or more drugs are administered together they may interact with the activity of each other. This interaction may increase, decrease or sometimes changes the effect of the parent drug. Drugs that interacts with the activity of Filagra sublingual are
- Antihypertensive drugs like Doxazosin.
- Anti-hypotensive drugs like initroprusside.
- Nitrates containing drug like nitroglycerin.
- Antifungal drugs like ketoconazole.
- H2 antagonist like cimetidine.
- HIV/AIDS drugs like ritonavir.
- Antibiotics like erythromycin.
- Barbiturates like phenobarbital.
Keep this drug at room temperature. Keep it away from direct sunlight, heat and light. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Write Your Own Review
Dose of administration
The recommended dose of Filagra sublingual is 100mg tablet placed under tongue. You just have to take this drug 20-30 minutes before you go for physical intercourse. It gets dissolved in mouth and absorbed faster in the blood.
There will be a zero chance to miss the dose of Filagra sublingual because you have to take this medicine only before you go for love making.
Do not take over dose of a drug it may cause serious health issues for the patient.
These are the unwanted effects of the drug along with the desired effect even after taking the recommended dose.
- some of the common side effects are stuffy or runny nose, nausea, sweating, redness of face, skin, neck or chest, headache, memory problem, stomach upset, back pain.
- some of the serious side effects that may require medical help are vision loss, ringing ears, hearing problem, chest congestion, pain spreading to arm or shoulders, irregular heartbeat,
- Erection prolongs for more than 4hours or painful seek immediate medical help.
Some of the precautions to be taken before having this drug are:
- Avoid having Sildenafil citrate with grapefruit and grapefruit juice because it interacts with the activity of a drug.
- Do not have sildenafil with a high fat diet because it may slower downs the absorption of the drug in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Sildenafil do not provide any protection against sexually transmitted disease or pregnancy.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking during medication.
- Do not take an overdose of the drug to get better performance it may cause some serious side effect.