Careprost Eye Drops – Lumigan is accessible in an ophthalmic formulation. This eye drop provides assistance to lessen the pressure inside the eyeball and it also helps to elongate the eye lashes.Careprost eye drops contains bimatoprost as its main active ingredient. It is administered through the ocular route. It is used as a therapy to treat Glaucoma and intraocular pressure caused by any reason inside the eye. It is also effective as a drug to treat hypotrichosis. Hypotrichosis is a condition in which growth of eyelashes is abnormal or inadequate. It is not given as an oral dosage form to treat glaucoma. In glaucoma, pressure inside eyeball increases due to fluid retention and as a result, the optic nerve of the eye gets damaged.
What is the mechanism of this Drug?
Careprost eye drops or bimatoprost, possess different and specific actions in various tissues of the body, such as a potent ocular hypotensive activity. Bimatoprost in Careprost eye drops-Lumigan attaches to the same receptors present in the eye as prostamide and enhances the flow of aqueous humour out of the eye. As the flow of fluid into and out of the eye gets balanced again, the pressure in the eye is lowered and this reduces the risk of damage to the optic nerve and loss of vision that can happen if glaucoma is left untreated.
What are those conditions in which Physician prescribes this medicine to the individual?
It is advised to those patients who are suffering from Hypotrichosis and glaucoma.
How should Careprost eye drops-Lumigan be used for growing eyelashes?
Careprost eye drops-Lumigan should be used only once in a day (only during the night). It should be applied on the upper eyelid with the help of very fine eyeliner. Do not apply to the lower lid. Also avoid touching other areas of the eye with Careprost eye drops, because it may result in unwanted hair growth. Before applying Careprost eye drops, make it clear that your face should be clean and without makeup. Contact lenses should be removed if you use. Eyeliner brush which is used as an applicator must be clean and dry. Avoid touching the tip of an applicator, by doing this you can avoid bacterial contamination.
How should Careprost be used for glaucoma?
It must be administered during night time by applying a single drop into the ocular route. If you are using spectacles or contact lens, remove them before putting your eye drop. This eye drop will help in lowering the tension created inside the eye.
In what conditions Careprost eye drop- Lumigan should not be used?
It should not be used in following medical conditions.
- Pregnant woman.
- Breast feeding mothers.
- If you have allergy with the Bimatoprost.
- Liver, kidney or Heart disorders.
What are the handling and storage conditions of Careprost eye drop-Lumigan?
The Precautions must be taken before handing your eye drop, which are mentioned as follows:
Before using your Eye Drop of Careprost eye drop-Lumigan, cleaning of your hands must be done. Need not to touch the tip of Dropper and eye liner. This Ophthalmic preparation does not contain any preservative, so don’t open the cap of dropper until and unless you are going to use it.
Storage conditions of this eye Drop are:
- Eye Drop of Careprost eye drop-Lumigan should be kept between the temperatures of 15-30 °C.
- Stop taking Eye Drop of Careprost eye drop-Lumigan after its expiry date shown as “EXP” on the label or box.
- Stay children away from this medicament.
- Protect or shield the medicament from Light and moisture.
REMEMBER: This medicine has been prescribed for you by your doctor. DO NOT give this medicine to anyone without a prescription.
What are the side effects of Careprost eye drop-Lumigan?
Careprost eye drop-Lumigan exhibits few side effects such as:
- Blurring of vision.
- Unwanted hair growth on eye lids.
- Excessive growth of eye lids.
- Irritation in eyes.
What are the Drug interactions of Careprost eye drop-Lumigan?
The Drug interactions of this medicament are very rare, but before using this always consult your physician.
- Health supplements,
- And other herbal products.
What happens if I miss my Dose?
If someone missed a dose then no need to double the dose. Resume your daily Dose.
What should be done if I get overdosed?
Overdosed symptoms are blurring of vision or inflammation in the eyeball.
Call your Physician in case of overdosing.
Write Your Own Review
Based on the condition and requirement of the patient, this medicine should be used. In general, the patient should use this eye drop once in a day in the evening.
Before applying the eye drop, the user should wash their hand and face properly. Then using applicator, eye drop is placed on it. After that, the applicator is drawn gently across the skin of the margin of upper eyelid at the bottom of the eyelashes that is going from the inner part of the lash line to the outer part. Soon after using the eye drop, the applicator is thrown properly. This procedure is also applicable to the other upper eyelid but with a fresh applicator.
This process should be done only after removing contact lens if the user is bearing it. In case, excess solution is seen, it is blotted properly and carefully.
The patient might suffer from side effect after using this eye drop. Some of the side effects experienced by the patient include:
- Darkening of the skin around the base of the eyelashes
- Eye infection
- Rapid changes in the vision
- Allergic reaction such as rash, hive, etc.
- Redness in eyes
- Itching of the eyelids, dryness
- Pain in eyes
- Brown discoloration of iris
- If the patient has allergy with this medicine then they should tell to the doctor. The various inactive ingredients present in the medicine might also lead to allergic reaction.
- Therefore, the patient should check the entire ingredient properly before using it.
- The patient should avoid any contamination. For the same, the patient should not touch the dropper lid. The cap of the dropper should be replaced after each use.
- Some patient might think that if they use more medicine than they will get the result quickly. This leads to overdose of the medicine and can cause problem to the user. Therefore, the patient should use the medicine in limited amount.
- In case the patient has any medical record of macular edema, iritis, lens extraction, glaucoma, etc. then they should tell to the doctor before using it.
- Accidently, if the medicine gets into the eyes of the patient then they should not worry as this medicine is also used to treat glaucoma. Therefore, it will not cause any harmful effect to the user.