Know about the therapeutic indications of Melacare Cream 2%:
Melacare cream is amazing topical preparation extensively employed in the treatment of acne and hyperpigmentation of the skin. This medicine bears an excellent skin-brightening property, which brings improvement in the melasma, cholasma, freckles, age spots and senile lentigines. Sometimes, people also use this medicine to treat reddening, irritation, swelling, eczema or other skin conditions. Melacare cream encloses three generic drugs called Hydroquinone, Tretinoin and Mometasone Furoate.
Know about the action mechanism of Melacare Cream 2%:
Hydroquinone works by inhibiting the creation of an excess of melanin pigment, which further leads to the lightening of darkened skin patches. Tretinoin shows its counteractive action by shedding the dead skin cells and increasing the turnover of keratinocyte cells. It also augments the diffusion of hydroquinone via the epidermal layer of the skin. Mometasone helps in the lessening of inflammation and allergies of the skin.
Know about the dosing regimen of Melacare Cream 2%:
Melacare cream consists of 2% of Hydroquinone, 0.025% of Tretinoin, and 0.1% of Mometasone Furoate. Wash your hand and face a mild cleanser and Luke warm water to remove the dirt and cosmetics from your face. Afterward, you need to dry your skin by gentle patting with a dry towel and you should wait for about 20 to 30 minutes before using this medicine. You should take a small amount of Melacare cream at your fingertips and apply the cream over the entire affected portion of the skin. For maximum therapeutic results, you need to use this medicine once a day in the evening at bedtime continuously for 12 to 16 weeks.
Know about the contraindications of Melacare Cream 2%:
An individual should never utilize Melacare Cream 2% under these following medical cases:
- Rosacea or perioral dermatitis
- Eczematous skin
- A previous record of cutaneous epithelioma
- Breastfeeding condition
- Allergic to any of these generic drugs Hydroquinone, Tretinoin, or Mometasone Furoate
Know about the infuriating effects of Melacare Cream 2%:
An individual may encounter some common infuriating effects while using Melacare Cream 2% such as mild inflammation, burning itching, dryness, or peeling of the skin, skin thinning, flushing, and swelling of the face.
Things to be kept in mind while using Melacare Cream 2%:
- Always try to avoid the utilization of Melacare cream on the sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, or irritated portion of the skin.
- Never utilize Melacare cream in harsh weather conditions including chilly and windy, or else this may irritate your skin.
- Melacare cream is intended for external use only, so utilize this medicine with cautiousness to circumvent the possibility of getting this cream in the eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid prolong exposure to direct sunlight after using Melacare cream, so use sunscreen or protective clothing after using this medicine
Write Your Own Review
Missed Dose of Melacare cream
If you have missed to apply cream on time applies it as soon as you remember but if you have forgotten if for long time till the time for your next application than skip it.
Overdose of Melacare cream
Since it is topical drug so there is no possibility of overdose.
Side effects of Melacare cream
These are the unwanted effects of the drug other than the required usage of the drug. Sometimes these effects may cause serious problem.
- Some of the common side effects of Melacare cream are skin irritation, stinging, burning, itching, redness, dryness and cracking of skin around eyes and nose and tingling.
- Some of the severe side effects of Melacare cream are skin rashes, hives, swelling of the face or limbs, skin darkening, irritation.
Precautions of Melacare cream
Precautions to be taken before use of Melacare cream are
- Avoid contact of Melacare cream with eyes, nose, mouth or vagina.
- During the course of Melacare do not use any other drug on your face.
- Do go out in sunlight after applying Melacare cream because it may result to sunburn.
- Melacare cream is for external use only.
- Clean your hands properly before and after application of a cream.