Onglyza is the effective medicine that is intended to be used for the diabetes treatment. It manages the type 2 diabetes. Generic saxagliptin is mainly the inhibitor of dipeptidyl peptidase type 4. This medicine potentiates the increase in the level of the insulin in the body and thus reduces the amount of the sugar in the blood. Along with the drug adopt the habit of exercise and good diet to increase the efficiency of the drug.
INDICATIONS OF SAXAGLIPTIN:
It is intended to manage the type-2 diabetes. The generic saxagliptin is used for controlling the level of the blood in the sugar.
DOSES OF SAXAGLIPTIN:
One dose of the saxagliptin is to be taken daily. One whole tablet is to be taken with water. Do not crush the tablet otherwise it will taste bitter.
SIDE EFFCTS OF SAXAGLIPTIN:
Generic saxagliptin may also have some side effects. The extent of side effects may vary from one person to another.
- Common side effects are low blood sugar that can cause sudden sweating, increase in heart beat, faintness, blurring of the vision.
- Allergic reactions can also be seen like rashes, itching and oedema in tongue and throat. These are rare to happen.
- Serious side effects are continuous vomiting, pain in stomach, pancreatic inflammation.
CONTRAINDICATIONS OF SAXAGLIPTIN:
The use of Saxagliptin is contraindicated in some conditions like:
- In case of oversensitive to generic saxagliptin.
- In case of type 1 diabetes.
- In case of diabetic ketoacidosis.
INTERACTIONS OF SAXAGLIPTIN:
Simultaneous use of some other drugs may have the serious side effects so be careful of the drugs that can interact:
- Beta blockers like Metoprolol, atenolol may increase the rate of heart beating.
- Glaucoma eye drop (Timolol) it is also a beta blocker drug.
- Insulin or Glipizide.
- Antibiotics like Telithromycin.
- Anti-HIV drugs like Atazanavir, Indinavir,
- Anti-fungal drugs like Voriconazole.
SAFETY MEASURE OF THE SAXAGLIPTIN:
Some precautions of this drug are mentioned below:
- In case you are oversensitive to generic saxagliptin then take proper care.
- Follow the diet chart provided.
- Do not take dose more than the recommended to you.
- Do not take the medicine with other diabetic medicine like sulfonyl urea.
- Keep an eye on the level of blood sugar through regular check-up.
- In case you are planning for pregnancy or you are a nursing mother consult your doctor before initiating the drug.
STORAGE CONDITION OF SAXAGLIPTIN:
The drug should be store in safe place where the children and pets cannot reach. The drug should be placed at such a place where the direct reach of sunlight, heat and moisture cannot reach.
IN THE CASE OF SKIPPED DOSE OF SAXAGLIPTIN
In case you have missed a dose of Saxagliptin then consume the missed dose as soon as possible. If it is the time near for the next dose then eat the next dose and neglect the missed dose.
IN CASE OF OVERDOSING OF SAXAGLIPTIN:
The overdose of this medicine is dangerous for the patient health; overdosing of the drug may cause lactic acidosis and symptoms like muscles twinge, slow rate of heartbeat and feeling of queasiness, exhaustion and difficulty in breathing. If required contact your doctor.