Brief indication of Ovidac-
Ovidac comes in injection form that is used to treat infertility in women and the condition of hypogonadism in men that leads to infertility. Infertility is a result of repeated failures in a successful pregnancy even after trying for a continuous year without using any protection. Hence, Ovidac medication is used to manage some hormonal imbalance in the body during infertility to boost the fertility.
Mechanism of action of Ovidac-
Ovidac is a popular brand that is made for generic HCG (Human Chorionic gonadotropin), which acts identically to LH and FSH hormones in the body. Hence, Ovidac helps to stimulate the egg maturation and release from ovaries in a woman’s body. In men, Ovidac is accountable to improve the release of testosterone hormone in order to increase the sperm count.
Dosing regimen of Ovidac-
Ovidac 10,000IU injections are marketed to treat infertility and are advised to be administered either by the intramuscular route (I.M.) or with the subcutaneous route (S.C.). Thus, the suggested dosing regimen is-
- Administration of Ovidac 5000 to 10,000IU in women after one day of giving the last dose of menotropins to treat anovulatory infertility
- The dose of 500 to 1000IU is given to men for thrice a week for the duration of three weeks. The same dose is advised to be continued but for twice a week now for extra three weeks duration.
Undesirable responses of Ovidac-
Acne, breast tenderness, irritability, edema, headache, restlessness, mood swings, abdominal pain, and nausea are some usually noticed side effects of Ovidac medication.
Ovidac is contradictory to be taken during following conditions-
- Ovidac is conflicting to be taken in children, geriatric people, in a pregnant woman, and nursing mothers.
- Ovidac is unsafe to be used if you have allergic responses to any moiety of this medication.
- Using Ovidac during health issues of epilepsy, migraine, asthma, breast or prostate cancer, kidney, liver, heart, or bleeding disorder is a risky condition.
Precautions while using Ovidac-
- Ovidac may result in a risky situation of multiple pregnancies in women because of overstimulation of ovaries. Hence, precaution should be taken care if this happens.
- Avoid the habit of smoking and drinking alcohol while using Ovidac due to exaggeration of side effects.
Write Your Own Review
OVIDAC 5000 IU is administered parentally into muscle or under the skin. Use one disposable syringe one at a time. OVIDAC 5000IU HCG is available in powder form with a separate liquid that are mixed together and draw into a syringe.
Do not forget your medication. If you get forget then take it as soon as you get remembered. If it gets too late skip it and continue with your regular doses from next day. Never double your doses.
Avoid overdosing of Ovidac 5000 IU drug. If you are overdosed then consult your doctor immediately.
Few side effects are headache, irritation, weight gain or swelling of the body, depression, breast tenderness, etc. Serious side effects associated with Ovidac 5000 are severe pain in pelvic, pain in stomach, swellings of hands or legs, trouble in breathing, gain in weight, less urination, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hair growth in the pubic area, etc. It also develops a condition in females called ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) as a result of a side effect of Ovidac.
Some precautions that should be taken while using Ovidac 5000 IU are-
- Use sterile needles and injections. Each s
- If the sterile powder of Ovidac gets discolored then discard it.
- Do not use if you are pregnant.