Poxet contains generic Dapoxetine as the main active component. Poxet helps to recover the problem of premature ejaculation in male patient. Premature ejaculation is a medical condition in which semen ejaculate just after the erotic penile stimulation. Poxet belongs to the category selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) and acts by put a stop to reuptake of serotonin so as to regulate the impulse that control ejaculation of semen.
Indications of Poxet
Generic Dapoxetine is used for the treatment of premature ejaculation in male to extend sexual activity successfully and delay ejaculation of semen during love making activity.
Contraindications of Poxet
Dapoxetine is contraindicated in the patients who are allergic or hypersensitive to Dapoxetine or any other ingredient of this drug. It is contraindicated in children who are less than 18 years of age. If the patient has renal or hepatic problem or any history of cardiac issues then contraindicated. It is also contraindicated in the patients who are receiving MAO (monoamino oxidase) inhibitors like Rasagiline or SSRIs.
Drug interaction of Poxet
The lists of medicines that are known to interact with the Poxet mention below-
- NSAIDS- non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Naproxen , Celebrex , Diclofenac
- Anticoagulant drugs – Warfarin, Dalteparin
- Antihypertensive drugs- Nifedipine, Amlodipine, Diltiazem
- Antifungal drugs – Ketoconazole, Itraconazole
- Antibiotics – Azithromycin, Clarithromycin, Streptomycin, Amikamycin, Paromycin
- Antiviral drugs – Amantadine, Acyclovir, Atazanavir, Indinavir
- SSRI Antidepressants - Paroxetine , Citalopram
Storage conditions of Poxet
The drug should be stored at room temperature. Keep away the drug from the reach of children and domestic pets. It should be stored in an airtight and light resistant container. Protect the drug from moisture and store in a dry place.
Write Your Own Review
Recommended dose is 60 mg for effective treatment and better result. Dapoxetine should be taken once in a day. It is prescribed to take orally with a glass of water. Another dose should not be repeated before 24 hours.
Missed dose of Poxet
The chance of missing a dose of Dapoxetine is almost negligible because you have to take before performing physical intercourse. Don’t worry about the missed dose. Take it as you get remembered.
Overdose of Poxet
Avoid overdosing of the drug. The symptoms that arise due to overdosing of Poxet include nausea, vomiting, shiver, faintness or heart rate rhythm get disturbed. In case of overdosing of Poxet immediately consult with your doctor or visit your nearest hospital.
Most common side effects that are reported by the patient using this medicine are nausea, fainting, headache, mood swing, increased sweating, abdominal pain, anesthetized feeling, heartburn, etc. Some serious side effects include skin rashes, hives, and enlargement of face, tight chest, and pain in chest, difficulty in swallowing and difficulty in breathing.
Consult with your doctors if you are experiencing any below mention side effects;
- Dry mouth
- Dyspepsia (Ingestion)
- Ringing sound in ears
- Anxiety and nervousness
- Decrease sexual desire
A few cautions should be taken before taking this Medicine:
- Hypersensitive to Poxet or any other medicament
- Stop taking this medicine with antiepileptic drugs (Carbamazepine, Phenytoin) because these drugs interact with Poxet.
- Poxet 60 mg is not safe for all men.
- Avoid alcohol consumption when you are using Poxet because alcohol increases the effects of some serious side effects.
- In case of painful and prolonged ejaculation patient should immediately consult with the doctors.