Dapsone is the oral form of drug which is used as a therapyto cure the dermatitis herpetiformis. It is also used for the curing of inflammations. It exerts their action by obstructive the growth of bacteria. Dapsone belongs to the category of Sulfone in the antibiotic medicine. This medicine is helpingto cure from the leprosy with the blend of other anti-leprosy drugs. It exerts their action as sulphonamides abutting with bacteria and protozoa; it’s blocking the production of dihydrofolic acid through antagonism with para-amino-benzoate on the energetic site of dihydropteroate synthetase. The actions of anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial are not same. During consumption of this dug it decrease the swelling by which it shows anti-inflammatory action.
USES OF THEDAPSONE 100 mg:
It is used to cure the skin disease like dermatitis herpetiformis. Patient used this drug for curing the leprosy. It is also used in thedecrease of inflammation.
CONTRAINDICATIONS OF THE DAPSONE 100 mg:
In some states Dapsone 100 mg is dangerous for the patients, these states are mentioned below:
- It is not given for the pregnant women and lactating females because it is risky for the baby.
- The patient is hypersensitive with any element available in the Dapsone then no need to take it.
- If the patient is suffering from such medical disorders like kidney or lung damage, anaemia, and porphyria.
- If the patient is suffering from lack of glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase then do not allow to take this drug.
- Patient is using any other drugs to cure from dermatitis herpetiformis then no need to take this medication.
Some drugs which are not recommended with the Dapsone because these drugs can increase decrease or block the action of Dapsone. These drugs are mentioned below:
Rifampicin, Rifabutin is antibacterial drugs, Nitrofurantoin, Pyrimethamine and Primaquine are the folic acid antagonists, and Saquinavir, Delavirdine, Atazanavir, and Indinavir are the anti HIV drugs.
STORAGEOF THE DAPSONE 100 mg:
Store this medication at a room temperature and away from the direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Store it in an airtight container.
Write Your Own Review
The dosage of Dapsone depends on the age and medical conditions of the patients:
For the children:take 50 mg dose once in a day.
For adult: consume 50 mg to 300 mg once in a day
For leprosy patients: consume 100 mg with anti-leprosy drug daily.
IN CASE OF MISSED DOSE:
If in case you missed the dose then consume the missed dose as soon as possible. But if the time is near for the next dose then take the next schedule dose, no need to take the missed dose.
IN CASE OF OVERDOSE:
When the patient consumes more than one dose at a same time then the patient is facing such problems like changes occur in the vision or vision get loss, weakness, severe headache, skin get blue in colour, seizures, unable to learn more things, fever, and feeling of vomiting.
Some adverse effects of the Dapsone are given below:
Feeling of nausea, burning, it may causes inflammation in the stomach, appetite gets loss, vision gets blurred, feeling of sleepiness, changes occur in the heartbeat, lips and skin get bluish, breathing gets fast, mood gets changes or patients get mental, ache is occurring in the chest, problems occur in the urinary, urine is dark, muscles ache, pain in the throat, irritating and swelling occur in the face, throat and tongue. Feeling faintness, fevers chillies, eye, skin gets pale in colour, and a very severe side effect is that blood count gets decreased.
Previous to the administration of this drug take some cautions:
- After using this drug do not drive or start any machine in which your attention is necessary.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol because it causes dizziness.
- Consume thismedicine regularly without discontinuity the schedule.
- Do not consume that food which is not given when you use the medicine for the cure the dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Do not consume Dapsone with any birth control pills.