Generic DesOwen is a steroid medicine that is known as mild corticosteroid. It is used to treat various types of skin infections which includes dermatitis, eczema, allergies, rashes, etc. The medicine works by decreasing the swelling, redness and itching that occur due to any reasons. This medicine is considered as mild corticosteroid. Generic DesOwen should be used for infection that occurs in skin.
The user should shake the bottle properly so that the entire solution gets uniformity. The patient should use this cream twice or thrice in a day.
After every use, the patient should clean their hand properly. Not only should this, before applying the medicine, the user wash their hand and also the affected area using mild cleaner. Once the affected area is clean, use a very thin layer of medicine.
After applying the cream, the treated area should be left open and is not covered with any bandages.
Generic DesOwen contains desonide as active ingredient. It is chemically designated as (Pregna-1,4-diene-3,20-dione,11,21-dihydroxy- 16,17-[(1-methylethylidene)bis(oxy)]-,(11 β ,16 α ). It has a molecular weight of 416.51 and molecular formula as C24H32O6.. It is white to off-white in colour that is odorless in nature. Beside active ingredient, generic DesOwen also contains different types of inactive ingredients such as emulsifying wax, isopropyl palmitate, polysorbate 60, potassium sorbate, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium hydroxide, sorbic acid, stearic acid and synthetic beeswax.
Some of the drugs that might interact with generic DesOwen are:
Write Your Own Review
No two individuals will have same drug tolerance level when compared to other person. The reason being the immune system of every one of us that varies. However, some suffer from side effects whereas some might not, these are:
- Stretch marks
- Skin thinning
- Discoloration of skin
- Hair bumps
- Prior applying the medicines, the patient should tell to the doctor if they are allergic to it.
- The medicine contains various inactive ingredients that might lead to allergic reactions in some of the user.
- If he patient has medical record of perioral dermatitis, problem with their immune system, blood circulation, diabetes, rosacea, then they should reveal about all these to the doctor before applying it. Doing so help the doctor in adjusting the dose for the patient.
- In case, the patient has problem or infection in and around the infected area then they should not use the cream.
- Nursing patient should consult to the doctor for applying the cream as it might pass to the breast milk and harm the infant.