Generic Apcalis or Tadalafil belong to the class of medicine known as phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor. The medicine is used to treat erectile dysfunction.
Generic Apcalis or Tadalafil is used to attain penile erection that occurs because of filling of blood. In addition to this, the medicine is also used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia. Blood vessel is responsible for bringing blood to the penis and hence the size increases. Due to this, more blood enter in the penis.
Additionally, the blood vessel takes away the blood that is present in the penis and therefore, the size decreases and blood comes out of the penis. Sexual stimulation that causes the erection of penis results in the production and release of nitric oxide in it. Enzyme guanylate cyclase along with nitric oxide produces cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). CGMP is responsible for increasing and decreasing of the size of the blood vessels. The level of cGMP is lowered and destroyed by another enzyme, phosphodiesterase -5 due to which the blood vessels returns to its normal size, blood leaves the penis and thus erection ends. The medicine generic Apcalis is responsible helps the phosphodiesterase -5 from destroying cGMP so that it remains there for long time. Thus, it leads to prolonged distension of penis with blood.
There are various pharmaceutical companies that manufacture this medicine under various trade names such as Cialis, Adcirca (for pulmonary arterial hypertension) and Tadacip (Cipla). FDA has approved this medicine in October 2011. The interesting fact about this medicine is that it was originally marketed by ICOS that is a biotechnology company. This later was developed along with Eli Company, a pharmaceutical company.
Generic Apcalis or Tadalafil should be stored at a that varies from 15-30 degree centigrade. It should be stored at a place where light and moisture should not reach. This medicine should be kept in closed and locked cupboard so that child and pet should not reach to the place easily.
Chemically, Tadalafil is known as pyrazino[1',2':1,6]pyrido[3,4-b]indole-1,4-dione, 6-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)2,3,6,7,12,12a-hexahydro-2-methyl-, (6R,12aR).
Apcalis are almond in shape and contain various inactive ingredients that includes , lactose monohydrate hydroxyl propyl cellulose, hypromellose, triacetin, iron oxide, croscarmellose sodium, sodium lauryl sulphate, talc, titanium dioxide and microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate
Write Your Own Review
Based on the requirement of the patient, the dose can be increased or decreased. The medicine is taken orally with or without food.
In general, for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, the patient should be given 5 mg daily.
To treat the problem of erectile dysfuntion, initially the patient is given 10 mg per day before physical intercourse. Then, if required, the dose can be increased to 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg in a day.
Some of the side effects that the patient might suffer after the intake of generic Apcalis are:
- Facial flushing
- Stomach upset
- Symptom of flu
- Low blood pressure
- Change in vision
- Blurred vision
- Abnormal ejaculation
- Chest pain
- Heart attack
- Increased heart rate
- Ringing in the ear
- Muscle pain
- Nasal stiffness
- Pain in arm/legs
- Allergic reaction such as rash, itching, etc.
- Prior taking generic Apcalis or Tadalafil, the patient should tell to the doctor in case they are allergic to this medicine. Infact, the inactive ingredient might also lead to allergic reaction. Therefore, proper precaution should be taken by the patient.
- In case, the patient has any medical history of angulation, fibrosis, scarring, Peyronie’s disease, painful or prolonged erection, sickle cell anaemia, leukemia, myeloma or retinitis pigmentosa, then they reveal about this to the doctor.
- Intake of alcohol and alcoholic beverages should be avoided by the patient during the treatment with this medicine.
- The patient should get up slowly when getting up from sitting position in case sitting from long time as the medicine makes the patient feel dizzy.
- Since the medicine makes the patient dizzy, the patient should avoid work that requires alertness.