Verdenafil is the main active ingredient of Levitra 20mg. Verdenafil belongs to the class of Phosphodiesterase (PDE) type-5 inhibitor which helps to enhance the blood blow to the penis. PDE-5 inhibitor helps to increase production of nitric oxide and helps to relax the narrow blood vessels which enhance the blood flow to the penis. This increased blood flow to the male reproductive system helps to attain an erection more stiff and hard enough for satisfactory love making. To get the best result take this drug when you are stimulated and have urged for physical intercourse.
When two or more drugs are administered together they interact with the activity of each other and sometimes enhance, lowers or spoils the action of the parent drug. Drugs that interacts with the activity of Levitra 20mg are
- NSAID’s like aspirin.
- Antihypertensive drugs like felodipine, amlodipine.
- CYP3A4 inhibitors like Indinavir, Itraconazole.
- Anti HIV drugs like Ritonavir, Atazanavir.
- Alpha blockers like Silodosin, pentolamine.
Contraindication in a specific condition in which a particular drug or treatment is strictly not recommended. Drugs that are contraindicated to Levitra 20mgh are
- Drugs containing nitrates.
- Patients having any type of allergy to verdenafil or any other ingredients of Levitra.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking with this drug because it slower downs the activity of the drug.
- This drug is not prescribed for males below 18year of age and ladies.
- Patients having any type of cardiac disorder, kidney disorder, sickle cell anaemia, and angina. hypertension,
- Do not take this drug with grapefruit or grapefruit juice.
Keep Levitra 20mg at room temperature (15-30) ˚C. Keep it away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture. Keep it away from children and pets.
Write Your Own Review
The recommended dose of Levitra is one tablet 15-30 minutes before the physical intercourse with a large glass of water. You can have this drug with or without food but avoid having this drug with high fat diet. Itshows its effect in 15 minutes and prolongs for 4hours.
The chance of missing the dose of Levitra 20mg is zero because you have to take this drug only before you go for love making.
Overdose of any drug may cause some serious side effect. Symptoms of overdose are vision loss, hypotension or hypertension, irritation of GIT, backache, dizziness. If you feel any of these symptoms immediately seek medical help. Do not take double dose or extra dose to get better performance.
Side effects are some unwanted effects of any drug they sometimes may cause serious harm to the patient.
- Some of the common side effects of hypertension are nausea, vomiting, weakness, dizziness, drowsiness, and chest congestion, rashes, itching, and swelling of eyes, tongue and throat.
- Some of the rare and serious side effects are hearing disorder, vision disorder, renal impairment, hepatic disorder, painful erection, abnormal bleeding, chest congestion, unconsciousness.
Precautions and Warnings:
Some of the precautions to be taken before having this medicine are
- Do not perform any work that requires concentration like driving and operating heavy machinery because this drug may cause dizziness.
- This medication is not meant for women, children and males below 18years of age.
- This drug does not protect from pregnancy and from sexually transmitted disease.
- Do not take this medication if suffering from Peyronie’s disease
- Do not take more than a single dose in 24hors.