Vilitra 20mg is orally administered drug used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. It contains verdenafil as an active ingredient. Verdenafil is Phosphodiesterase type-5 (PDE) inhibitor. It gives a signal to the brain for the release of nitric oxide. This nitric oxide helps in the relaxation of blood vessels near the male reproductive system and allows the enhancement of blood flow to the penis. This enhanced blood flow leads to the erection hard enough for satisfactory lovemaking.
Indications of Vilitra 20 mg
Vilitra20 mg is indicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction disorder or impotence in males.
Drug interactions of Vilitra20 mg
When we take two or more drugs at a time they interact with the activity of each other. This interaction may increase, decrease or sometimes causes serious harm to the patient. Drugs that interact with the activity of Vilitra are
- Antifungal drugs like Ketoconazole, Fluconazole and Itraconazole.
- Antibiotics like Clarithromycin, Tetracycline and Erythromycin.
- Antihypertensive medications like as Nifedipine, Amlodipine, and Felodipine.
- Antiviral drugs like Ritonavir, Ampernavir, and Atazanavir
- Alpha blockers like as Alfuzosin, Doxazosin, Silodosin, and Pentolamine.
Contraindications of Vilitra20 mg
Contraindication is a specific condition in which a particular drug or treatment is not recommended. Vilitra is contraindicated in case of
- Patient is hypersensitive to verdenafil or any other ingredient of Vilitra.
- Patients having other disorders like liver, kidney, or cardiac disorder should not have this drug.
- Do not recommend this drug to the ladies and children below 18 years.
Storage conditions of Vilitra 20 mg
Keep this drug at room temperature and air tight container. Keep it out of reach of children and pets. Keep it away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
Write Your Own Review
The dose of drug depends upon the age, medical history, disease condition and other medications. The recommended dose of Vilitra is a 20mg tablet just half an hour before you go for a physical intercourse. Take this drug with a glass of water. You can have this medicine with or without food. But avoid high fat diet because it decreases the absorption of the drug.
Missed dose of Vilitra20 mg
This drug is used as needed so chances of missing dose are nil. You only have to take these medicines half an hour before you go for love making.
Overdose onVilitra20 mg
Overdose of any drug may cause serious health problem. If you feel symptoms of overdose immediately seek medical help. Do not take extra doses or overdose to get better performance.
These are the unwanted effects of the drug that sometimes may cause serious health issues.
- Some of the common side effects of Vilitra 20 mg are backache, muscle ache, blurred vision, and stomach ache, hypotension, facial edema and swelling in various parts of the body such as legs, feet, ankles, throat or hands.
- Rare but serious side effects of Vilitra 20 mg are heart pain, chest pain irregular heart rate
- If an erection persists for more than four hours and is painful immediately contact your doctor.
Precautions to be taken before having this drug are
- Avoid grapefruit or grapefruit juice with this medicine.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Avoid driving or other work that requires concentration.