Generic Apcalis or Tadalafil belongs to the class of medicine known as phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor. This medicine is used to treat erectile dysfunction.
Tadalafil is an oral medicine that is used to attain and maintain penile erection and also used for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia. The erection of penis occurs due to the filling of the blood. The blood vessels functions by bringing the blood to the penis thus, increasing its size that in turn increases more supply of blood in the penis. In addition, the blood vessels are takes away the blood that is present in the penis and hence the size decreases and blood get removed from the penis. Furthermore, sexual stimulation is also responsible for causing erection of penis that result in the production and release of nitric oxide in it. Nitric oxide, with the help of enzyme guanylate cyclase, is responsible for producing cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) that is known for increasing and decreasing of the size of the blood vessels. The level of cGMP is lowered and destroyed by another enzyme, phosphodiesterase -5 due to which the blood vessels returns to its normal size, blood leaves the penis and thus erection ends.
It is available under various brand names such as Cialis, Adcirca (for pulmonary arterial hypertension) and Tadacip (Cipla). USFDA approved Cialis to treat Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in October 2011. This effective medicine was initially marketed by ICOS, a biotechnology company which afterwards developed in close coordination of Eli Lilly, another pharmaceutical company. Tadalafil was approved by FDA in November 2003.
Tadalafil helps the phosphodiesterase-5 from destroying cGMP that leads to prolonged distension of penis with blood. It is also used for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The enzyme phosphodiesterase-5 is also present in the muscle of the bladder and prostate and this relaxes the muscle and hence it becomes easy for the urine to pass. It works by reduction in the pressure of the muscle that is present at the opening of the urethra. This opening is responsible for controlling the flow of urine from the bladder.
Tadalafil should be stored at a room temperature that varies from 15 degree centigrade to 30 degree. It should be kept away from light and moisture. This generic medicine should be protected and kept in safe place where kid and pet should not reach. It can be kept in closed locked cupboard. Chemically, Tadalafil is designed as pyrazino[1',2':1,6]pyrido[3,4-b]indole-1,4-dione, 6-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)2,3,6,7,12,12a-hexahydro-2-methyl-, (6R,12aR). It appears as crystalline solid and is soluble in ethanol whereas insoluble in water. The empirical formula of Tadalafil is C22H19N3O4 and 389.41 is its molecular weight.
The tablets of Tadalafil appear as blue and yellow in colour and are almond in shape and are used orally. It contain various inactive ingredient such as hydroxyl propyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide, lactose monohydrate, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, sodium lauryl sulphate, talc, triacetin, titanium dioxide and microcrystalline cellulose.
Write Your Own Review
The patient can take the medicine with food or without food.
Initially, the patient should take 10 mg of generic Tadalafil per day before physical intercourse. The dose can be then increased or decreased slowly on the basis of the requirement of the patient.
The dose can be increased to 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg in a day.
For treating the problem of benign prostatic hyperplasia, the patient should take a dose of 5 mg in a day.
The various side effects that the patient might get after using this medicine include:
- Facial flushing
- Flu-like symptoms
- Stomach upset
- Heart attack
- Increased heart rate
- Chest pain
- Low blood pressure
- Nasal stiffness
- Pain in arms/legs
- Ringing in the ears
- Abnormal ejaculation
- Blurred vision
- Before taking Tadalafil, the patient should tell to the doctor if they are allergic to this medicine or have allergy with any other medicine they are using.
- Some patient might also get allergic reaction due to the inactive ingredients present in the tablet of generic Apcalis. Therefore, the patient should check the entire ingredient properly before they take the medicine.
- For minimizing the effect of light-headedness and dizziness, the patient should get up slowly if in sitting or lying position from long time.
- Prior taking generic Apcalis, if the patient is has any medical record of angulation, fibrosis, scarring, Peyronie’s disease, painful or prolonged erection, sickle cell anaemia, leukaemia, myeloma or retinitis pigmentosa, then they should tell to the doctor.
- The patient should limit the intake of alcohol or alcoholic beverages.
- Some patient might had suffered from disease related to kidney & liver, bleeding disorder, very high or low blood pressure, active stomach ulcer, heart problem, angina, aortic stenosis, coronary artery disease, heat attack, stroke or arrhythmia. The patient should explain about these to the doctor before taking the medicine.
- Tadalafil makes the patient feel dizzy and also changes vision. Therefore the user of this medicine should avoid the work that requires alertness such as driving, operation of machine or any other such work that requires clear vision.