Generic Azopt or Brinzolamide belongs to the group of medicine known as carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. It is used for treating high pressure inside the eye that occurs due to glaucoma or open-angle glaucoma, eye disease, ocular hypertension, etc. This medicine works by reducing the amount of fluid within eye. Generic Azopt or Brinzolamide is available in the market in the form of solution.
Generic Azopt contains brinzolamide as active ingredient. It is chemically designated as (R)-(+)-4-Ethylamino-2-(3-methoxypropyl)-3,4-dihydro2H-thieno [3,2-e]-1,2-thiazine-6-sulfonamide-1,1-dioxide. This has a molecular formula of C12H21N3O5S3 and molecular weight of 383.5. It is a white powder, insoluble in water, soluble in methanol and ethanol.
Generic Azopt or Brinzolamide contain benzalkonium chloride as preservative. This medicine also contains various inactive ingredients such as mannitol, carbomer 974P. edetate disodium, purified water, tyloxapol, hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide, etc.
Generic Azopt or Brinzolamide might interact with other medicine as well. So if the patient is taking any other medicine, then they should tell to the doctor.
The patient should keep close eyes on the effect of the medicine after using it. In any case, the user should not use medicine in more amount as it might lead to serious side effects due to overdose. Just in case, the patient misses their dose then they should not take double dose to make up for the missed one.
Generic Azopt or Brinzolamide should be stored at temperature that varies from 4-30 degree centigrade. This medicine should be protected from light and moisture. It should be kept away from the reach of pet and child.
Write Your Own Review
The patient should apply this medicine one drop, three times in a day. The user should shake the bottle properly before using it. Before using the medicine, the patient should wash their hand to avoid any contamination and also should not touch the tip of the dropper while using it.
Generic Azopt or Brinzolamide might lead to side effects such as:
- Blurred vision
- Bitter or distaste in mouth
- Dry eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Discomfortness in the eyes
- Discharge from the eye
- Swelling in eye or eyelid
- Pain in stomach
- Side or back pain
- Yellowing of eyes/skin
- Dark urine
- Easy bleeding
- Unusual tiredness
- Persistent sore throat
- Chest pain
- Allergic reaction such as rash, itching, trouble in breathing, severe dizziness, etc.
- Before using generic Azopt or Brinzolamide, the patient should tell to the doctor if they are allergic to this medicine or any other medicine.
- The medicine contains various inactive ingredients that might lead to allergic reaction in some of the users. Therefore, proper care should be taken by the patient before using the medicine. They should check the entire ingredients present in it.
- If the patient has any medical history of eye, kidney problem, liver disease eye infection, eye surgery, etc. then they should tell to the doctor prior using generic Azopt.
- The patient might suffer from blurred vision temporarily after applying the medicine. Hence, any work that requires alertness should be avoided by the patient.
- If doctor has suggested using this medicine during pregnancy, then only it should be used by the pregnant patient.