Viagra sublingual is a medicine that belongs to the class of drug known as phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor. The medicine is used to treat erectile dysfunction. It contains sildenafil citrate as its active ingredient. It works by increasing the amount of blood that flows to the penis.
Nitric oxide present in the penis, released during sexual stimulation. It interacts with guanylate cyclase and adds to the synthesis of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). This interacts with the smooth muscle of the penis and makes it relax. This relaxation allows more blood to get into the penis, causing erection. Sildenafil citrate works for keeping the enzyme phosphodiesterase-5 active so that cGMP does not break.
Viagra sublingual should be stored at room temperature that varies from 15-30 degree centigrade. This medicine should be stored away from heat, moisture, dampness and light. It should be kept in closed and locked cupboard so that pet and child should not reach.
Viagra sublingual contain various inactive ingredients that include microcrystalline cellulose, anhydrous dibasic calcium phosphate, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, lactose, triacetin, and FD & C Blue #2 aluminium lake.
Write Your Own Review
Viagra sublingual should be taken with or without food orally. The patient should take 50 mg of this medicine at least one hour prior the physical intercourse.
The dose can be increased to 100 mg or decreased to 25 mg based on the requirement of the patient.
The patient might or might not get side effect after the intake of Viagra sublingual. Some of the side effects that the user of the medicine might get are:
- Nasal congestion
- Vision problem
- Chest pain
- Gastrointestinal problem
- Breathing problem
- Blurred vision
- Prolonged or painful erection
- Irregular heartbeat
- Stuffy nose
- Facial reddening
- Upset stomach
- Before taking this medicine, the patient should tell to the doctor in case they are allergic to this medicine or any ingredient of the medicine.
- The medicine does not prevent the spread of sexually transmitted disease. Therefore, the patient should take proper care.
- In case, the patient has any medical history then they should tell to the doctor before taking the medicine.
- If the patient is suffering problem from heart, liver, renal, stomach ulcer, then they should not take this medicine.
- Patient, if taking any medicine that has nitrate as its ingredient should not take Viagra sublingual.
- This medicine should not be taken by person of age below 18 years.