Generic Fincar or Finasteride is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia in men. This medicine belongs to the class of drug known as type II 5α-reductase inhibitor. It is manufactured by various pharmaceutical companies such as Merck, etc. The medicine is available under various tread names such as Proscar, Propecia, etc.
Generic Fincar appears as a film coated tablets with strength of 5 mg. It contains various inactive ingredients such as sodium starch glycolate, pregelatinized starch, microcrystalline cellulose, hydrous lactose, titanium dioxide, yellow iron oxide, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, magnesium stearate, talc, docusate sodium, etc.
Generic Fincar should be stored at room temperature that varies from 15-30 degree centigrade. You should always keep the medicine in such a place where children and pets should not reach. Protect your medicine from light, heat and moisture. It is advisable to check the expiry date of the medicine before using it.
Mechanism of action:
Generic Fincar decreases the amount of dihydrotestosterone, a natural hormone. This hormone is responsible for growth of prostate. Prostate gland is found in urethra. When it enlarges, it become difficult to urinate and blocks the flow of urine. The medicine is known to inhibit the enzyme that is required for converting testosterone to DHT in the prostate. Thus, when administered, it lowers the blood and tissue level of DHT and helps in reducing the size of prostate gland.
Generic Fincar is used in the treatment process of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Write Your Own Review
You can take generic Fincar with or without food. Based on your physical condition and medicine tolerance power of the body, the dose for the medicine is decided. Therefore, always consult to the doctor for exact dose.
In case you miss any of the doses, take it as soon as you remember about it. In case you recall about the missed dose when it is time for the next dose; skip the missed dose and take the regular dose scheduled. Do not take the double dose of the medicine.
In case of the overdose of the medicine, consult your doctor without any delay.
Generic Fincar might cause side effects in some patients such as:
- Decreased sex drive
- Inability to urinate
- Increased hair growth
- Lump in the breast
- Nipple discharge
- Breast tenderness
- Pain in testicles
- Allergic reactions such as rash/hives/problem in sleeping, etc.
- Before taking Generic Fincar, you should tell your doctor in case you are allergic to this medicine or have any other allergy.
- Generic Fincar contains various inactive ingredients that might also be responsible for causing allergic reactions in some of the users. Proper care should be taken for the same.
- In case you have medical history of liver disease, infection, urinary problem, prostate cancer, etc. then tell your doctor before using the medicine.
- During pregnancy, the medicine should only be used if recommended by your doctor.
- Nursing patient should consult with the doctor and discuss the risk and benefits of using this medicine.