Testosterone Cypionate or Testocyp belongs to the class of medicine known as androgen. The medicine is known to develop the secondary sexual organ and secondary sexual character in male. There are various drugs that might interact with this medicine, therefore, keep a list of all the medicine that you are using.
Testosterone Cypionate or Testocyp should be stored at a temperature below 25 degree centigrade. Protect your medicine from heat, light and dampness as it might change the effectiveness. Keep your medicine in such a place where children and pets should not reach.
Mechanism of action:
Testocyp binds with the androgen receptor and gets reduced to 5-alpha-hydrotestosterone (DHT) and forms a complex. This is done with the help of enzyme 5-alpha reductase. The complex thus formed, after structural changes, binds with the specific nucleoside sequences of the chromosomal DNA. This stimulates the transcriptional activity of certain genes and hence produces androgen effects.
Testosterone Cypionate or Testocyp is used in the development of secondary sexual characters and secondary sexual organ in men.
Testosterone Cypionate or Testocyp might interact with some other medicines. Therefore, it is advisable to keep a list of all the medicine that you are using and share it with your doctor. In case you are taking any prescribed, non-prescribed or herbal products, tell proactively to your doctor.
This medicine might interact with blood thinner such as Warfarin, etc. It might shows sensitivity to oral anticoagulant as well. Oxyphenbutazone might results in the increased level of serum. The medicine might also interact with Insulin, oral hypoglycaemic, etc.
Write Your Own Review
Based on the requirement of the body and drug tolerance power of the patient, the dose of this medicine is decided. The injection is usually given every 1 to 4 weeks into the buttock muscle. Always consult your doctor first before you start treatment with this medicine.
In case of missed dose of the injection, consult your doctor.
If you suspect for the overdose of the medicine, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Change in skin colour
- Oily skin
- Hair loss
- Pain and redness at injection site
- Mood changes
- Decrease sperm production
- Liver disease
- Abdominal pain
- Slurred speech
- Dark coloured urine
- Allergic reactions
- Prior using Testocyp, you should tell your doctor in case you are allergic to the medicine.
- This medicine contains different types of inactive ingredients that might also become a cause for the allergic reactions. Therefore, check the ingredient before using the injection.
- In case you have medical record of any disease such as diabetes, enlarged prostate, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, chest pain, prostate cancer, blood clots, kidney problem, etc. tell your doctor before using the medicine.
- This medicine might reduce your sugar level in case you are diabetic. Therefore, monitor your sugar level at regular interval of time.
- Testocyp might also increase your cholesterol level; therefore, speak to your doctor for monitoring the level.
- In case you are taking any prescribed medicine or non-prescribed medicine or herbal products then tell your doctor about it.