Brief overview of Soma/Pain-O-Soma/Carisoprodol-
Soma and Pain-O-Soma are two renowned brands for generic Carisoprodol, which is efficient in relaxing stiffed, strained, sprained, injured, tensed, muscles during musculoskeletal conditions. This medical regimen must be combined with light physical workouts and proper rest for effective and fast results.
What is the therapeutic action of Soma/Pain-O-Soma/Carisoprodol?
Generic Carisoprodol is a moiety from muscle relaxant category. Thus, the action mechanism of Carisoprodol in Soma and Pain-O-Soma brands is in the inhibition of transmission of pain signals between the nerves and the brain. Carisoprodol is converted into its active metabolite called Meprobamate, which possesses sedative and muscle relaxing actions. This helps in relieving musculoskeletal pain during painful conditions of skeletal muscles.
What is the dosing schedule of Soma/Pain-O-Soma/Carisoprodol?
Soma/Pain-O-Soma/Carisoprodol 500mg brands are accessible in the form of orally administered preparation and are suggested to take a single dose for two to three times daily but not exceeding the maximum limit of 1400mg dose in a day. You can take these medicines with water and irrespective of the meals but do not overdose the medicine else, this makes you dependent on the medication.
What are the side effects of Soma/Pain-O-Soma/Carisoprodol?
- Hazy vision, nausea, dizziness
- Stomach upset, vomiting
- Allergic reactions
- Lightheadedness, headache
What are the conflicting conditions to use Soma/Pain-O-Soma/Carisoprodol?
- Soma/Pain-O-Soma/Carisoprodol should not be used if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Using Soma/Pain-O-Soma/Carisoprodol is conflicting in children of less than 16years of age and in geriatric people.
- You should not use Soma/Pain-O-Soma/Carisoprodol if you notice oversensitivity to any moiety of these brands.
- You should not use these medicines if you suffer from any health complication.
What are the safety measures while using Soma/Pain-O-Soma/Carisoprodol?
- It is cautious to drink alcohol when you are taking Soma/Pain-O-Soma/Carisoprodol medicine because of side effects aggravation.
- Abruptly stopping the use of these drugs should be avoided because of the risk of withdrawal symptoms.
- Patients having drug or alcohol abuse of suicidal thought history are advised not to take these medications.
- Any change in behavior, mood, or thoughts should be noticed in patients using Soma/Pain-O-Soma/Carisoprodol medicines.
Write Your Own Review
Pain-o- soma 500mg is a solid dosage form which is administrated by oral route. This medicine should be taken at a thrice time in a day. The dose of this medicine may be changed which is depends upon the patient efficacy and tolerability. This medicine may be taken with or without food.
Missed dose of Pain-o- Soma 500 MG
Pain-o –soma 350mg gives a good therapeutic effect if you do not miss any dose of this medicine. If you missed any dose of this medicine then you consume this dose immediately but you near the next dose then you take this medicine as per your schedule and avoid double dose.
Overdose of Pain-o- Soma 500 MG
Please do not take overdose of this medicine because they produce serious sign and symptom in case of overdose which are hallucination, abnormality in vision, headache, dilated pupil, increase blinking, irregular breathing and increase sensitivity toward the light.
This medicine has less adverse effects compare to other drug of this group. The adverse effects of this medicine are dizziness, sickness, pain, mouth dryness, abdominal pain, irregular breathing and Constipation.
Very rare side effects are gastrointestinal tract irritation and flushing.
If you observed any other adverse effects after taken this medicine then you contact to your doctor.
Prior taken of this medicine you must follow few precautions. These precautions are listed below;
- Avoid this medicine if you have any allergic reaction to its active or inactive ingredients.
- Do not take this medicine if you have a medical disease such as liver, renal and blood disease.
- This medicine should not take with alcohol and alcohol beverage because these alcoholic beverages influence the action of this medicine.
- This medicine demonstrates sleepiness property so you should not drive and walk or other operating mechanical work after taking this drug.
- This medicine is not recommended to another person who exhibits the same sign and symptom of musculoskeletal disorder.