Ultram 250mg is a narcotic painkiller used for the treatment of moderate to severe pain. Ultram 250mg contains tramadol hydrochloride as an active pharmaceutical ingredient. Tramadol hydrochloride acts by reducing the transmittance signals of brains and response to pain. It shows its effects by decreasing the size of the pain signal passed between the nerves. It relieves from all kind of pains like joint pain, internal or external injury pain due to surgery.
Indication OF ULTRAM 250 MG Tramadol
Ultram 250mg is indicated to relieve severe or moderate pain. It can also be used for the treatment of pain caused by surgery and any other injury.
When we take two or more drugs simultaneously they interact with the activity of each other. This interaction may increase or decrease or sometimes the required activity. Drugs that interact with the activity of Ultram 250mg are
- carbamazepine, sibutramine, any other narcotic pain reliever, sleeping pills,
- anti-depressants like Fluoxetine, fluvoxamine
- MAO inhibitors like Furazolidine, Phenelzine
- Psychiatric drugs like Nefazodone
- Anti-anxiety drugs like Diazepam,
- Anti-histamine like Diphenhydramine
Contraindication and precautions of ULTRAM 250MG TRAMADOL :
Contraindication is a type of condition in which particular drug or treatment is not recommended. Drugs that contraindicated in case of Ultram 250mg are
- If patient is hypersensitive to tramadol or any other ingredient of Ultram 250 mg .
- If patient is having gastrointestinal disorder, infection, paralysis, constipation.
- If patient is having any disorder of asthma, abdomen, gall bladder disorder, head injury, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, pancreatitis,
- Do not drive or any other work that requires concentration because this drug causes drowsiness or dizziness.
- Avoid alcohol or other beverages containing alcohol.
- Avoid smoking strictly.
- Since it is narcotic drug do not recommend this drug to the pregnant ladies or lactating mothers.
Keep this drug at room temperature. Keep it away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture. Keep it out of reach of children.
Write Your Own Review
The exact dose of any drug can be only decided according to the age, medical condition, severity of pain, other medicine if having. The recommended dose of Ultram 250mg is one tablet in every 4-6 hours. Since Ultram 250 is an orally administered drug take it with a glass of water. You can have this drug with or without food. Since it is a habit forming drug do not take it for more than 8-10 days.
Never forget to take your scheduled drug on time. If you have forget to take your medicine on time in any condition take it as soon as you remember but if you have forgotten for longer time approx to the time of next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular schedule. Do not take double dose to compensate the mixed one.
Overdose of any drug may cause some serious side effects. If you feel any of the symptoms of side effects consult your medical heal provider immediately.
These are the unwanted effects of the drugs which sometime temporary but sometime cause serious harm to patient.
Some of the common side effects of Ultram 250mg are dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, stomach disturbance, constipation, headache, drowsiness, irritation, dry mouth, sweating
Some of the serious side effects of Ultram 250mg are difficulty in coordination, anxiety, chest pain, irregular heart rate, rashes, itching, mental confusion, disorientation, seizures, tingling sensation, breathing in trouble. If you feel any of the symptoms seek immediate medical help.