Product description of Ultram 200mg:
Ultram is a drug of choice used for the power management of pain of acute to chronic nature and of multiple degrees of intensity. Ultram is heavily relied upon for the management of pain arising from surgery or any physical trauma, cancer or caused by other medical cases. This drug efficiently handles severe chronic pain and is the most sought after therapy for the given indications. Ultram contains as its chief remedial agent known as Tramadol.
Modus operandi of Ultram 200mg:
Tramadol, a is a centrally-acting opioid class analgesic, which binds to the μ-opioid receptors and exerts its effect by acting on the CNS rather than the muscles. The binding to the opioid receptor leads to the reduction of cAMP levels leads to the blockade of certain neurotransmitters such as norepinephrine and serotonin which leads to the alteration of pain perception in the spinal cord.
Dosing know-how of Ultram 200mg:
Ultram can be commercially obtained in a dosing range of 50, 100 and 200mg which provides the users with choices to treat different intensity of pain. Initiate the therapy with 25 mg dose taken each day which should be titrated with 25 mg increments made every 3 days to reach 100 mg per day if more response is desired then increase up to 50 mg as tolerated every 3 days to reach a dose of 200 mg per day.
Contraindications of Ultram 200mg:
Some medical conditions that are contraindicated are listed under.
- Severe renal or hepatic impairments
- Coronary obstructive pulmonary disorder
- Allergic to generic Tramadol
- Metabolic disorder
- Severe asthmatic condition
- Breathing troubles
- Epileptic seizures
Mentionable side effects of Ultram:
Some frequently occurring side effects of this medication are flushing, vomiting, stomachache, headache, stomachache, painful erection, and vision alteration.
Precautions to be taken care of with Ultram 200mg:
- Do not consume alcohol, or other recreational drugs while you are relying on this therapy.
- This drug can pass through the breast milk and make your baby dependent on this medication. Do not take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
- After taking this medication for first 24–72 hours, a patient should be watched out for the condition of respiratory depression.
Write Your Own Review
The dosage of Ultram is decided according to the age or diseases of the patient.
- Patients having age between 17 to 64 years: the initial dose is 100mg in a day (25 mg four times a day) then increased and it became 200 mg (50 mg four times in a day)
- Those patients who are suffering from cirrhosis are taking 50 mg dose in 12 hours.
- Those patients who are above 65 years should be consuming less than 300mg per day.
- Do not consume more than 400 mg dose in a day.
IN CASE OF OVERDOSE:
In the case of overdose these medical conditions are occurring like skin is cold, seizures, bradycardia, difficulty in the breathing, feeling of vomiting, pain in the chest, the heartbeat is becoming unbalanced, the pupil is becoming enlarged and skin rashes. In such situation immediately inform to your doctor.
IN CASE OF MISSED DOSE:
Consume the missed dose as soon as possible; escape taking more than one dose at a same time.
Some side effects of Ultram 200 mg are faintness, difficulty in breathing, shaking, constipations, diarrhoea, feeling nervousness, tenderness occurs, rashes occur on the skin, severe headache, dizziness, blood pressure is becoming decreased, difficulty in the movement of eye, irritability, pain in the chest is also occurring, difficulty in the sleeping, blurred vision, , eye pupil becomes huge, lips become yellowish or blue, stiffness of muscles, unstable walk, face became warm or hot, heartbeat become unbalanced, weakness, uncomfortable throat, gland become swollen, burning on the skin, tiredness, flushing, and feeling of sickness, memory is become weak and confusion state is occurring.
Prior to the administration of the tablet, take these precautions which are mentioned below:
- If the patients is consuming any herbal preparation.
- Patient has asthma.
- If the patient is suffering from these health problems like kidney disorder, liver damage, and seizures.
- Avoid alcohol when you start taking this medication because it causes dizziness.
- Escape drive while you take this drug.
- If the patient is suffering from the phenylketonuria then no need to consume this drug.