Generic Prednisolone is known as synthetic glucocorticoid that is used for the treatment of inflammatory and auto-immune problem. This medicine is used by patient with hepatic failure.
Generic Prednisolone is a synthetic adrenal corticosteroid. Corticosteroid is natural substance that is produced by the adrenal gland that is found adjacent to the kidney. This has anti-inflammatory effect and is used for inflammatory problem such as arthritis, colitis, asthma, bronchitis, skin rash and various other allergic reactions of nose and eyes. FDA has approved the medicine in June 1955.
Blood disease such as destruction of platelets and red blood cells by immune cells can also be treated with this medicine.
Additionally, this medicine is also used for treating thyroiditis and sarcoidois.
The various inactive ingredients present in generic Prednisolone are anhydrous lactose, colloidal silicon dioxide, crospovidone, magnesium stearate, sodium benzoate, D&C yellow #10, docusate sodium and FD&C yellow #6.
Write Your Own Review
The dose of the medicine varies from person to person. Initially, the patient is given a dose that varies from 5-60 mg daily depending on the type of requirement by the patient.
The side effects experienced by the patient after the intake of generic Prednisolone are:
- Changes in the menstrual cycle
- Trouble in sleeping
- Increased sweating
- Sore throat
- Rise in sugar level
- Swelling in ankle/feet
- Unusual weight gain
- Vision changes
- Easy bleeding
- Puffy face
- Mood changes
- Stomach pain
- Bloody stool
- Chest pain
- Before taking Prednisolone, the patient should tell to the doctor in case they have allergy with this medicine or any other medicine.
- The medicine contains various inactive ingredients that might cause allergic reaction to the patient. Therefore, the patient should check the entire ingredient before using the medicine.
- If the patient has any medical history of eye disease, heart problem, kidney disease, thyroid problem, diabetes, stomach problem, bleeding problem, etc. then they should tell to the doctor before taking the medicine.
- The medicine makes the patient feel dizzy. Therefore, the user of this medicine should not perform work that needs alertness.
- Nursing mother and pregnant mother should discuss the risk and benefit of using this medicine.