Generic Priligy is the hard work and dedication of chemist David Wong of reputed pharmaceutical company, Eli Lilly. During his experiment, he found Priligy to be an effective medicine for treating depression and thus proved to be beneficial as antidepressant. Actually, his clinical trial was for developing medicine for treating premature ejaculation. Because of its short time stay and quick elimination from the body, this was not thought to be good to treat premature ejaculation. Additionally, FDA also did not approved generic Priligy for treating premature ejaculation. In the year 2012, the researcher, Karl Thor, from same company that is Eli Lilly, carried out the experiment and realized the use of drug to treating premature ejaculation as it Priligy was thought to be the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. In fact, FDA also approved Priligy to treat premature ejaculation as this generic medicine cleared all three phases of clinical trials.
It does not took much time for generic Priligy to spread at various geographical location and soon it got place in many European countries including Sweden, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Austria, Finland and Germany.
No doubt, Dapoxetine or generic Priligy was manufactured for the first time by Johnson and Johnson under the trade name of Priligy. In the year 2012, Furex Pharmaceutical did an agreement with ALZA Crop and Janssen Pharmaceutical that are the part of Johnson and Johnson Company. The pharmaceutical company, Furex also got authority for the distribution of Priligy.
Later in the year 2012, Furex got license and agreed its business of Priligy with Menarini, another international pharmaceutical company for marketing of the medicine in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and Middle East.
Generic Priligy or Dapoxetine belong to the class of medicine called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that boost the level of serotonin in the brain and also help in uplifting of the mood. This especially first developed compound is used for the treatment of premature ejaculation (PE). PE is a male sexual dysfunction, present in male after first sexual encounter or can also develop in the later part of life. Man with PE undergoes the process of ejaculation more quickly with a reduced feeling of control. Both physiological and psychological factors are responsible to impact on ejaculatory latency. The average baseline for intra vaginal ejaculation latency time is 0.9 minutes. After intake of generic Priligy, the intra vaginal ejaculation latency time increases to 3.6 minutes. In all these process of increasing time, serotonin, a chemical present in the brain, plays an important role.
Individual suffering from premature ejaculation faces sexual dissatisfaction, personal distress, low self-esteem and interpersonal difficulty. This also affects satisfaction level of their partner. Generic Priligy is a unique and short-acting selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor that is taken only when needed rather than every day. It should be taken one to three hours prior the physical intercourse. Generic Priligy for treating premature ejaculation should be taken only by individual of age group 18-64 years.
Generic Priligy works by the inhibition of serotonin transporter, increase the action of serotonin after synaptic cleft, etc. Serotonin is a hormone that is present in the central nervous system, blood platelets, pineal gland and digestive tract. The route of ejaculation begins from the spinal reflex, present at the thoracolumbar and lumbosacral level of spinal cord that is activated by the stimuli from the male genital. The signal is then relayed to the brain stem and is influenced by preoptic and paraventribular nuclei.
Dapoxetine or generic Priligy contain Dapoxetine hydrochloride as an active ingredient. It is round in shape, film-coated grey coloured tablet. The various inactive ingredients present in the tablet of generic Priligy include lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, anhydrous colloidal silica, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, iron oxide black, iron oxide yellow and glycerol triacetate. Furthermore, it do not contain azo dyes, sucrose, tartrazine and gluten.
Generic Priligy should be stored at a temperature that ranges from 20-25 degree centigrade. It should be protected from light and moisture. In addition, heat and dampness can also destroy the effective property of the medicine. Therefore, care should be taken for this and medicine should be kept at a safe problem. Generic Priligy should be kept away from the reach of child and pet.
Little care can save person from getting unwanted trouble. Therefore if the patient will take some precautionary measure, it will be beneficial for their health. So if the user of generic Priligy is having allergy with any medicine, they should tell to the doctor initially. In case, the person is taking any narcotics or any other recreational drug, then they should explain about this to the doctor.
Write Your Own Review
One tablet of generic Priligy 30 mg should be taken to the treatment of premature ejaculation along with full glass of water. The user of generic Priligy should swallow the whole tablet rather than cutting, crushing or chewing the tablet.
Sometime, the patient might suffer problem due to overdose of the tablet. Overdose can lead to serious problem such as chest pain, nausea, irregular heartbeat, etc. In this case, the patient should consult to the doctor.
Some of the side effects that the patient might get after the intake of the medicine include:
- Stomach pain
- Stomach upset
- Change in mood
- Low blood pressure
- Blurred vision
- Eye pain
- Dilated pupil
- Ringing in the ear
- Nasal congestion
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Excessive sweating
- Abnormal dream
- The patient should tell to their doctor if they are allergic to any medicine or have allergy with any of the inactive ingredients present in it before taking generic Priligy.
- In case, the patient is having bipolar confusion, eye, liver or kidney problem then they should inform to the doctor prior taking generic Priligy.
- If the patient is having allergy with any food item, preservative or dyes, then they should tell to the doctor.
- The user, if at all had undergone any diagnosis for premature ejaculation, should reveal to the doctor.
- If the patient have any history of dizziness from low blood pressure, heart & blood vessel problem, bleeding tendency, depression or psychiatric disease such as schizophrenia then they should explain to the doctor initially.
- Furthermore, if the patient has any history of mania such as great excitement, hallucination, difficulty in staying still, bipolar disorder, uncontrolled epilepsy and seizure, then this should be explained to the doctor.
- Some patient can have raised intraocular pressure that is increased pressure in eye that lead to blindness and angle-closure glaucoma that is high pressure in the eye can lead to blindness.
- Intake of alcohol or alcoholic beverages should be avoided as it lead to drowsiness, dizziness, impaired judgement, etc.
- Generic Priligy should be used by individual of age less than 18 years and 65 years of age.
- Since generic Priligy leads to dizziness, tiredness, light-headedness, operation of machine or driving vehicle should be avoided by the individuals.
- The patient should not stand up quickly after sitting or lying down from long time.
- In case the other person have same problem as that of user of generic Priligy is having, in that case this medicine should not be given to the other person. This might cause serious problem to the other person.
- The patient should not suffer from dehydration as it might cause problem to the user of Priligy. Dehydration might cause due to excessive sweating, patient have not drunk water from past 4-6 hours, due to illness, high temperature, sickness, diarrhoea, etc.