Generic Remeron or Mirtazapine is known as tetracyclic antidepressant. During depression, the patient suffers from imbalance of the neurotransmitter. It is a chemical that the nerve uses to communicate with each other. The medicine is highly demanded among the patient as it elevates the mood by increasing the level of neurotransmitter such as serotonin and norepinephrine, in the nerves of the brain.
In addition to this, this medicine is also known to block the effect of histamine. FDA has approved this medicine in 1996.
Generic Remeron is available in the market under the different trade names such as Avanza, Axit, Mirtazon, Zispin, etc.
Generic Remeron contains mirtazapine that is chemically known as 1,2,3,4,10,14b-hexahydro-2-methylpyrazino [2,1-a] pyrido [2,3-c] benzazepine. This has a molecular weight of 265.36 and has an empirical formula as C17H19N3. It appears as white to creamy white crystalline powder like that is soluble in water. The medicine contains various ingredients such as corn starch, hydroxy propyl cellulose, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide, lactose, etc.
In case the patient misses any dose, then they should skip that dose, if it is time for next schooled dose. However, if still time is there, then they should take that dose as soon as remember about it.
If the patient is showing symptoms such as fast or irregular heartbeat due to the overdose of the medicine, then they should consult to the doctor as soon as possible.
Generic Remeron or Mirtazapine should be stored at a temperature of 25 degree centigrade.
This medicine should be stored at such a place where kid and pet do not reach easily. It should be protected from light and moisture.
Write Your Own Review
Generic Remeron or Mirtazapine should be given 15 mg daily to the patient, generally during bedtime. This dose can be further increased every 1-2 weeks up to 45 mg that is also maximum dose. Patient should not take more dose than 45 mg in any condition. The medicine can be taken with food or without food.
Generic Remeron or Mirtazapine might lead to side effect in some of the users such as:
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
- Increased appetite
- High cholesterol and triglycerides
- Abnormal dreams
- Manic episodes
- Decreased blood cell
- Change in mood
- Prior taking generic Remeron or Mirtazapine, the patient should tell to the doctor if they are allergic to the medicine or have any other allergy.
- The medicine contains various inactive ingredients that might cause allergic reaction in some patient. Hence, proper care should be given by the patient.
- Before using this medicine, if the patient has any medical record of bipolar disorder, high blood cholestrol level, liver disease, dehydration, stroke, heart attack, low blood pressure, then they should reveal about it to the doctor.
- To lower the chances of light-headedness, the patient should get up slowly when lying or sitting from long time.
- The patient should avoid work such as machine operation or any other work that requires alertness as the medicine makes the patient feel dizziness.
- The patient should discuss the risk and benefit of taking the medicine during pregnancy.