Sildenafil is also responsible for reducing the pressure in the pulmonary artery that is known as pulmonary arterial hypertension. Cyclic guanosine monophosphate plays a vital role and is responsible for the erection. This cGMP is known to affect the amount of blood that blood vessel carries and then remove from the penis.
Sildenafil is also responsible for inhibiting the phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5). This destroys cGMP. The medicine functions by preventing the destruction of cGMP. Sildenafil is quickly absorbed in the body after its intake and thus starts showing its effect.
The medicines do not provide any protection against sexually transmitted disease like HIV, syphilis, gonorrhoea, hepatitis B, etc.
This almond shaped tablet of Sildenafil contains different ingredients. Some of the inactive ingredients include triacetin, titanium dioxide, sodium lauryl sulphate, iron oxide, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate, hydroxyl propyl cellulose, hypromellose, etc.
Sildenafil should be stored at room temperature that lies between 15-30 degree centigrade. It should be protected from light, heat, dampness and moisture else it might destroy the effective action of the medicine. This medicine should be kept away from child and pet.
Write Your Own Review
Sildenafil should be given 10 mg to the patient before physical intercourse. The dose can be increased to 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg as per requirement.
The patient might get side effect after the intake of the Sildenafil such as:
- Nasal congestion
- Stomach pain
- Colour blindness
- Loss of hearing
- Ringing in ear
- Trouble in sleeping
- Blurred vision
- Vision loss
- Pain in cheat
- Swelling of face, throat or tongue
- Before taking this medicine, the patient should tell to the doctor if they are allergic to this medicine or any other medicine.
- Sildenafil contains various inactive ingredients that might lead to allergic reaction. Therefore, the patient should check the entire ingredient before intake of the medicine.
- In case the patient has any medical history of abnormal blood pressure, chest pain, priapism, pulmonary edema, Peyronie’s disease, etc. then they should reveal about this to the doctor so that the dose can be adjusted accordingly.
- The patient should limit the Intake of alcohol during the intake of this medicine.
- As the medicine makes the patient feels dizzy. Hence, the patient should avoid work that needs alertness should be avoided by them.
- In case, the patient is taking any other medicine, then they should tell to the doctor.