Generic Soriatane is a second generation retinoid. The medicine is taken orally for treating psoriasis and various other skin disorders. The medicine works by binding with the nuclear receptor. This receptor is responsible for regulating transcription of gene. In addition to this, the medicine is also known to induce keratinocyte differentiation and reduces the epidermal hyperplasia that leads to slow reproduction of the cell. Soon after taking this medicine, it gets absorbed and distributed. The complete result of the medicine can be felt after 2-4 weeks.
Generic Soriatane is available in the market under various brand names such as Acitretin, Neotigason, etc.
Generic Soriatane contains acitretin as active ingredient that is chemically known as all-trans-9-(4-methoxy2,3,6-trimethylphenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-2,4,6,8-nonatetraenoic acid. This appears as yellow to greenish yellow in color and has a molecular weight of 326.44. Generic Soriatane contains various inactive ingredients such as microcrystalline cellulose, sodium ascorbate, black monograming ink and maltodextrin. The shell of the capsule contains gelatin, iron oxide, titanium dioxide, benzyl alcohol, edetate calcium disodium, carboxy methyl cellulose, etc.
Write Your Own Review
Generic Soriatane should be taken orally by the patient. Based on the response of the patient and drug tolerance power of the patient, the dose can be increased or decreased. Overdose of the medicine might lead to serious side effects to the patient. Therefore, the patient should take only the prescribed medicine. For patient should never miss their dose for better result.
The patient might experience side effects after taking generic Soriatane that includes:
- Dry mouth
- Irritation in eye
- Peeling of skin of fingertips
- Chapped lips
- Peeling and dry skin initially
- Dry eyes
- Crusting of eye lids
- Sensitivity to sunlight
- Runny nose
- Scaling of skin
- Change in taste
- Hair loss
- Decrease night vision
- Change in mood
- Prior taking Soriatane, the patient, if allergic to this medicine, should tell to the doctor. Also, various inactive ingredients present in the medicine might also leads to allergic reaction. Therefore, proper care should be taken by the patient while using this medicine.
- In case, patient has any medical record disease of liver, kidney, heart, diabetes, etc. then they should explain to the doctor before taking the medicine.
- The patient should not donate their blood at least 3 years once they stop taking the therapy.
- Due to the use of this medicine, the skin of the patient becomes sensitive to sun. Therefore, the patient should avoid prolonged exposure to the sun and should always wear sunscreen and wear protective clothes when going outdoors.
- Generic Soriatane makes the patient feel dizzy and causes blurred vision where there they suffer from decrease in the vision. Hence, work that requires alertness should be avoided by the patient.
- The medicine might pass to the breast milk of the breast-feeding patient and harm the infant. Hence, such patient should consult to the doctor.