Generic Stablon is known as tricyclic antidepressant. The medicine lacks the property of sedative, anticholinergic, cardiovascular adverse effect.
Furthermore, the medicine also shows anti-seizure and analgesic properties.
Generic Stablon is manufactured by various Pharmaceutical companies under different trade names such as Coaxil, Tatinol, Tianeurax, etc.
It is also manufactured at different geographical locations such as South Africa, Asia, Latin America. However, it is not available in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK or US.
The various inactive ingredients present in the tablet of generic Stablon includes Mannitol, corn starch, ethyl cellulose, polyvidone, magnesium stearate, wax, sucrose, polysorbate, titanium dioxide, bicarbonate of soda, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, silica, talc, etc.
Mechanism of action:
Generic Stablon or Tianeptine works by enhancing the re-uptake of serotonin in the pre synaptic nerve terminal. The medicine increases the re-uptake of serotonin, present in the brain and thus reduces the stress induced atrophy of neuronal dendrites. Not only this, it decreases the extra cellular serotonin level and shows no affinity for neurotransmitter.
In other words, the medicine functions by taking out serotonin out of circulation by stimulating the uptake of this chemical and thus, reduces the pain of the body and hormonal response to the stress.
Write Your Own Review
Generic Stablon should be taken orally, by mouth in empty stomach. The patient should take the medicine 12.5 mg thrice in a day, usually before breakfast, lunch and dinner. If the patient is above the age of 70 years then the dose should be lowered.
Some of the side effects exhibited by the patient after the intake of generic Stablon include:
- Abdominal pain
- Lack of appetite
- Pain in joint
- Dry mouth
- Muscular pain
- Respiratory discomfortness
- Before taking generic Stablon, the patient should tell to the doctor if they are allergic to it or any other medicine.
- The inactive ingredient present in the tablet might cause allergic reaction in some of the users. Therefore, proper care should be taken by the patient before taking the medicine.
- The medicine makes the patient feel dizziness. Therefore, the user should not perform any work that needs alertness.
- The medicine might pass to the breast milk of the breast-feeding patient and can harm the infant. Hence, such patient should consult to the doctor before taking the medicine.
- In case, the patient has any medical history then they should reveal about that to the doctor so that the doctor can suggest the best possible treatment for curing the problem.