How this drug does work?
This spray possesses Lidocaine in aerosol form, which comes under the classification of local anesthetics. When this medicament is sprayed on the head and shaft of the penis, it leads to its fast absorption by the penile skin. The skin of the penis is very soft and permeable to this medicament. It works making the penis desensitized stabilizing the neuronal membrane of the organ. It results in the inhibition of the Ionic fluxes required for the conduction of impulses. Lidocaine produces a local anesthetic action, and desensitizes the penis. This prolongs the duration of sexual intercourse, and helps enjoy long lasting sex by delaying ejaculation.
What are the uses of Lidocaine spray?
This spray is used to treat premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction in men.
What is the dosage of this spray and how to administer it?
This spray is available in aerosol form and meant for topical use only. This medication is administered by those patients who are above the age of 18 years or above.
Method of administration
1. Shake this spray before its application.
2. Usually 3 or 4 sprays are used in the penile region or it can vary from person to person.
3. Massage this spray lotion into the skin of the penis until it gets completely absorbed.
4. After the physical intimacy you can wipe your penis with dry cloth.
5. The maximum dosage recommended for the adults is up to maximum 10 sprays to achieve the desired target.
What are the drug interactions of Lidocaine spray?
The drug interaction of Lidocaine spray is given as follows:
1. Other local anesthetics, antiarrhythmic drugs like tocainide, or agents structurally related to amide-type local anesthetics.
3. Metoprolol, carvedilol or atenolol (ß-blockers).
Where can I keep my medicine?
Keep this spray away from the reach of children or domestic pets. Don’t spray this medicament in front of the flame, because they are highly inflammable. The temperature required for the storage of this medicament should not be more than 50°C.
What are the contraindications of this drug?
The contraindications of this drug are mentioned as below:
1. This spray is not given to those patients who are suffering from Myasthenia Gravis, epilepsy, impaired cardiac condition or liver damage.
2. Hypertensive to Lidocaine.
3. If you have painful erection.
4. When a patient taking any other medicine to treat Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
What are the side effects of lidocaine spray?
These side effects are very rare in nature.
1. Allergic reactions (rash, itching, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
2. Central nervous system: light headedness, nervousness, state of confusion, feeling of dizziness, drowsiness, blurring in the vision process, vomiting, sensations of heat, cold, twitching, tremors, convulsions, unconsciousness, and respiratory depression.
3. Cardiovascular System: bradycardia, hypotension, and cardiovascular collapse, which may lead to cardiac arrest.
What happens if I skip my dose?
This drug is administered as per the requirement of the patients. So the chances of missing a dose of this drug are reduced.
What happens if I get overdosed with this medicine?
When the patient gets over dose with this medicine few symptoms are such as prolonged and painful erection. In such condition, make a call to your physician.