Therapeutic indications of Ambien/ Stilnoct CR 12.5 mg:
Ambien CR and Stilnoct CR 12.5 mg are the safest and effective sleeping pills extensively employed in the short-term management of sleeping difficulties called insomnia (trouble falling asleep). This medicine assists sleep-deprived individuals to fall asleep quickly and continue sleeping throughout the night hours so that they can feel relaxed and content during the day. Ambien CR 12.5mg and Stilnoct CR 12.5mg are the most popular brands of a generic drug called Zolpidem.
Action mechanism of Zolpidem:
Zolpidem comes in the class of drugs called hypnotic. It binds to the α1-containing GABAᴀ receptors and modifies the working of GABAᴀ receptors that further increases the binding of GABA neurotransmitter to the GABAᴀ receptors. This creates an inhibitory effect on the CNS and diminishes the overactivity of the brain cells and produces calmness and tranquilizing effect on the brain.
Method of intake of Ambien/ Stilnoct CR 12.5 mg:
Ambien 12.5mg and Stilnoct CR 12.5 mg, in general, come in an oral tablet dosage form. The dose recommended for the management of insomnia is that consume a single Ambien 12.5mg/ Stilnoct CR 12.5 mg tablet orally once a day in the night prior to bedtime. One can use these drugs for a limited period of time that is up to 1 to 2 weeks. Once Ambien 12.5mg/ Stilnoct CR 12.5 mg tablet enters your body, its first medicament layer dissolves quickly to help you fall asleep. Then, its second layer dissolves slowly and sustains sleep for a longer duration.
Conflicting conditions for the use of Ambien/ Stilnoct CR 12.5 mg:
The use of Ambien CR/ Stilnoct CR is not safe for individuals who are facing any of these listed medical conditions:
- Severe renal or hepatic dysfunctions
- Breathing ailments like asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Sleep apnea
- Myasthenia gravis
- Allergic to generic Zolpidem
Side effects of Ambien/ Stilnoct CR 12.5 mg:
Drowsiness, wooziness, weakness, lethargy, loss of coordination, stuffy nose, dry mouth, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, stomachache, headache, and muscle pain are the most common side effects reported by the users of Ambien CR/ Stilnoct CR.
Safety measures to be followed while using Ambien/ Stilnoct CR 12.5 mg:
- If you have a history of drug or alcohol abuse or addiction, then you should seek advice from a doctor before using this medicine.
- You should keep yourself away from the intake of alcohol or other sedative pills while using Ambien/ Stilnoct CR tablets.
- You may experience lightheadedness or sleepiness after using Ambien/ Stilnoct CR, so do not implement any dangerous task after using this medicine.
- Doctor’s consultation is required for pregnant women and lactating mothers before using Ambien/ Stilnoct CR tablets.