Generic Symbrax is a combination of medicine known as olanzapine and fluoxetine. The medicine is manufactured by Pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly and company. In other words, the medicine contains atypical antipsychotic olanzapine and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor fluoxetine. This medicine is used for treating depression that is caused due to bipolar disorder and also used for the treatment-resistant depression.
Generic Symbarx contains active ingredient known as olanzapine and fluoxetine HCL. Olanzapine belong to thienobenzodiazepine class that is chemically known as 2-methyl-4-(4-methyl-1piperazinyl)-10H-thieno[2,3-b] [1,5]benzodiazepine. It has a molecular formula of C17H20N4S whereas 312.44 is its molecular weight. This appears as yellow crystalline solid that is insoluble in water.
In contrast, fluoxetine hydrochloride is chemically known as (±)-Nmethyl-3-phenyl-3-[(α,α,α-trifluoro-p-tolyl)oxy]propylamine hydrochloride. This has a molecular weight of 345.79 and C17H18F3NO•HCl is its molecular formula. It is white to off-white in colour that is crystalline solid in nature.
Generic Symbrax contains various inactive ingredients such as yellow iron oxide, titanium dioxide pregelatinized starch, gelatine, sodium lauryl sulphate, dimethicone, black iron oxide, red iron oxide, edible black ink, etc.
Mechanism of action:
Generic Symbrax is used for treating depression. It help the patient in getting sleep, improves mood and concentration. This medicine functions by helping in restoring the balance of natural substance that is present in the brain known as neurotransmitter such as serotonin.
Write Your Own Review
Generic Symbrax should be taken once in the evening by the patient. A dose of 6-12mg of olanzapine and 25-50 mg of fluoxetine should be taken by the patient.
Some of the side effects shown by the patient after the intake of generic Symbrax are:
- Dry mouth
- Increased appetite
- Gain in weight
- Problem in sleeping
- Change in mood
- Large pupil
- Black stool
- Easy bleeding
- Muscle spasm
- Change in amount of urine
- Yellowing of skin/eye
- Dark urine
- Abdominal pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Severe headache
The drugs that might interact with generic Symbrax include:
- Before taking generic Symbrax, the patient should tell to the doctor if they are allergic to this medicine or any other medicine.
- The medicine contains various inactive ingredients that might cause allergic reaction in some of the users. Therefore, the patient should give proper attention while taking the medicine.
- Before taking the medicine, the patient should tell to the doctor if they have medical history of breast cancer, intestinal problem, kidney disease, liver problem, low blood pressure, narrow-angle glaucoma, prostate problem, stomach ulcer, brain problem, dehydration, etc.
- The medicine might harm the neonates. Therefore, pregnant and nursing mother should consult to the doctor prior using this medicine.
- The medicine makes the patient feel dizziness. Therefore, work such as driving vehicle, etc. should be avoided.
- The patient should get up slowly when sitting or lying on bed from long time, to reduce the risk of dizziness and light-headedness.