Erectile Dysfunction is the primary reason behind impotence in males aged between 30 to 60 years. ED is the inability of males to attain and maintain an erect penis required for intercourse; it results from deprivation of blood supply in the penis. Tadalafil Superactive is a drug indicated for erectile dysfunctions in males. Tadalafil was developed by Eli Lily and Co. Tadalafil superactive is an easy to use dosage form. Tablet in the jelly form is easily absorbed in the body. It is highly efficacious medicine for ED which shows high compliance in aged people and persons with difficulty in swallowing. It is not an aphrodisiac (sex stimulant). It does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases like HIV, gonorrhoea, syphilis etc.
HOW IT WORKS
Tadalafil erects penis as a result of increasing blood supply into the penis. During sexual arousal, nitric oxide releases from nerves which trigger the production of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). cGMP is responsible for dilation of the penile blood vessels and increase blood flow there. cGMP is destroyed by Phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE 5) which decreases the concentration of cGMP. Tadalafil inhibits Phosphodiesterase -5 from destroying cGMP so that blood remains in penis for an optimal time leading to the erection of penis.
WHAT ARE THE INDICATED USES
It is mainly used for improving erectile dysfunctions in males. However it does not cure the root cause of ED. Tadalafil is also used for symptomatic treatment of an enlarged prostate gland (Benign prostatic hyperplasia-BPH).
HOW TO USE
Tadalafil superactive is taken by mouth. It is a soft gelatin capsule which has to be taken 15 - 30 minutes prior to lovemaking. It is to be used only on prescription from a doctor and always follow the dosage regimen told by your doctor. The recommended starting dose of tadalafil is 10 mg in a day. Depending on the response or side effects, the dose may be decreased or increases varying from 5 mg to 20 mg. The effect of tadalafil lasts up to 36 hours. For once daily use without regard to sexual activity the recommended dose is 2.5 to 5 mg daily. This is a highly beneficial dosage form for one who has difficulty in swallowing. It dissolves and absorbed quickly in the body. One should avoid diet rich in fat with it. Once taken its effect lasts for 36 hours. Do not use more than once a day. Dose adjustment is required in patient of liver disease and those who are using other medicines which increase blood concentration of tadalafil.
Tadalafil Oral Jelly is a safe medicine with minor side effects are Headache, flushing, stomach upset, blocked nose, enhances responsiveness towards light, blurred vision, or bluish visibility, dizziness
Serious side effects like allergic reaction, sudden loss of hearing loss and /or vision, low blood pressure, prolonged (more than 4 hours) and painful erections known as priapism can be noticed rarely. Immediately contact your medical practitioner.
1. Tadalafil superactive is not approved for use in women.
2. Tadalafil could cause heart pain and lowering of blood pressure in patients taking nitrates like isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate , nitroglycerin for treating angina. So, tadalafil should not be used with nitrates.
3. Patients showing allergic response to tadalafil superactive or any other inactive ingredient of the formulation advised not to use tadalafil superactive.
4. Patients with heart disease, kidney and/or liver disease, eye disease should strictly follow the dosage regimen devised by their doctor.
1. Tadalafil superactive should be taken only in the doses prescribed by the doctor. Do not increase the dose to get high effects without doctor’s consultation.
2. Do not repeat a second dose within 24 hours of taking the first one.
3. Avoid fat rich meal and grapefruit juice during use of this medicine.
4. Patients with diabetes, eye disease, heart disease, high blood pressure, liver disease, kidney disorder, sickle cell anaemia, deformity of the penis, stomach ulcers need the consent of their doctor before administering Tadalafil.
5. Alcohol consumption should be restricted while taking tadalafil. It can lead to severe depression in blood pressure.
6. Do not use tadalafil if you are using any other PDE5 inhibitor like Viagra, Cialis, and filagra.
Medicines which should not be used with tadalafil superactive are:
1. Anti anginal medicine containing nitrates for example Isosorbide Dinitrate, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Nitroglycerin, Pentaerythritol Tetranitrate.
2. Other Phosphodiesterase inhibitors like verdenafil (Levitra), sildenafil (Viagra, Revatio)
3. Adcirca (another form of tadalafil).
4. Drugs for seizures like carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone
5. Tuberculosis medication like isoniazid, rifabutin, rifampin
6. Antibiotics like erythromycin, telithromycin
7. Antifungals like ketoconazole, voriconazole
8. Heart or blood pressure drugs like amlodipine, nicardipine, quinidine
9. Hepatitis C medications like boceprevir, telaprevir
10. Drugs for HIV like atazanavir, fosamprenavir, indinavir, nelfinavir, nevirapine, saquinavir
11. Alpha blockers like terazocin (employed for treating high blood pressure or enlargement of the prostate).
Note: always discuss with your doctor before taking two or more medicines together.
Store Tadalafil superactive at room temperature (15 to 30 degree Celsius) away from sunlight. Do not store in bathroom and keep it out of the reach of children and pets.