About Tramacip 200mg in brevity:
Tramacip is a potent pain reliever medication which belongs to an opioid class. This medication is profusely used for the effective mitigation of mild to severe pain which is either acute or chronic in nature. Pain can originate from various factors such as a migraine, surgery or damage, pain due to trauma, cancer or pain caused by other medical cases. Tramacip contains Tramadol as its key therapeutic ingredient.
Method of action of Tramacip 200mg:
Tramadol belongs to the class of opioid analgesics which acts centrally rather than on the muscles. The drug acts by blocking the reuptake of certain neurotransmitters such as serotonin and norepinephrine in the neuronal synaptic cleft, the increased concentration of these neurotransmitters alter the pain perception.
What is the correct dosing schedule of Tramacip 200mg?
Tramacip is an oral formulation available in a variety of dosing strengths such as 50, 100 and 200mg. The dose provided here is not to be taken as a substitute towards doctor’s prescription, it is generalized. The most used dose for the initiation of therapy is 50 to 100 mg orally taken every 4 to 6 hour.
A few contradictory conditions of Tramacip 200mg:
Listed below are a few medical conditions in which the use of this medication is contraindicated.
- Severe kidney and liver problems
- Coronary obstructive pulmonary disorder
- Breathing disorders
- Allergic to generic Tramadol
- Metabolic disorder
- Severe asthmatic condition
- Epileptic seizures
Side effects of this therapy:
A few notable side effects of this medication are lightheadedness, flushing, headache, stomachache, painful erection, vomiting and vision alteration.
Safety measures to be taken with this therapy:
- Do not consume alcohol while you are relying on this therapy as that can lead to disastrous situations.
- The use of this medication in pregnancy can lead to the severe dependency of the child on this drug which can lead to life-threatening withdrawal symptoms in the newborn.
- This drug can lead to habit formation, do not exceed the dose or the duration of the therapy. The misuse of this drug can lead to disastrous outcomes.
Write Your Own Review
The recommended dose for this medicine is 200 mg. The maximum dose that can be taken in a day is 400mg/day. Take one or two pill in a day as per needed. The second dose of this medication is taken after 4-6 hourly. Tramacip can be taken with or without food.
Missed dose of Tramacip 200 mg tablet:
Take your doses regularly on time. If you have missed a dose then take it as soon as you get remembered about it. You should omit the missed dose if you get remembered at the time of the next dose and continue with your regular doses. Do not take extra dose to make up the missed the dose.
Overdoses of Tramacip:
In case you have overdosed contact your doctor as soon as possible because it can increase the chances of side effects. Symptoms associated with overdosing of Tramacip are decrease in breathing rate, slow heart rate, severe sleepiness or weakness, cold and sticky skin and patient may feel faint, etc.
Most common side effects while using Tramacip are severe headache, feeling of drowsiness, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, skin rashes, hallucination, vertigo, seizures, itching.
Some precautions that you should take while using Tramacip are-
- Consult your doctor if you are allergic or hypersensitive to Tramadol or any other ingredient of this medication.
- Patient should avoid alcohol beverages consumption along with this medication because it can diminish the efficacy of the medication as well as increases the drowsiness.
- Patient with the history of seizure, convulsion, Neuro related disorder, trouble in breathing, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), tumors and any injury in the head, renal or liver disorder, etc.
- Avoid driving vehicles or other machine operating work after taking this medication, because sometime patient feel drowsiness, dizziness or catch blurred vision after consuming this medication.
- If the patient is taking any herbal product consult your doctor.
- This medication should be used cautiously during pregnancy and during the lactation period by the nursing mother.