What is Ultram?
Ultram is advised for relieving moderate to severe pain in adults. It is similar to other opioid analgesics. It makes an individual free from the distressing feeling that is often caused by damaged stimuli. Tramadol is the component responsible for the beneficial action of Ultram.
What is the mechanism of action of Ultram?
Tramadol acts in the body by binding with the μ-opioid receptor and as a blocker of serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. This drug has been placed in the group of benzoid class. In the brain, it works by changing the way that body feels and responds towards the pain.
What is the advised dosage of Ultram?
The advised adult dose of Ultram is 100 mg that needs to be taken via oral route at every 4 to 6 hours as required for the pain. The highest dose that a person can take in a day is 400 mg. For more clarifications, it is better to talk to the doctor about it. This medicine can be taken with or without food.
What are the contra indicatory conditions of Ultram?
- Ultram cannot be taken in case of having a severe breathing problem or having a blockage in the stomach.
- The use of Ultram is restricted in case of having an allergy to any component of it.
What are side effects that can develop with the use of Ultram?
Ultram may cause some of the noxious effects like abdominal pain, diarrhea, fever, headache, stuffy nose, sweating, tiredness and sore throat. Do not worry these side effects may pass soon.
What are the precautions and warnings of Ultram?
- Never misuse Ultram otherwise it may cause drug addiction especially in children or another person who is not prescribed this medicine.
- In pregnancy, it is clearly specified not to use Ultram as it may cause life-threatening withdrawal symptoms in the newborn.
- Being on Tramadol, you are not allowed to breastfeed otherwise it may pass to nourishing baby.
- Never take Ultram medicine in higher or lower dose then specified as it may stop working in relieving your pain.
Write Your Own Review
The dosage of Ultram is depending on the age or diseases of the patient.
- Patients (age between 17 to 64 years): the initial dose is 100mgin a day (25 mg four times a day) then increased and it became 200 mg (50 mg four times in a day)
- Those patients who are suffering from cirrhosis are taking 50 mg dose in 12 hours.
- Those patients who are above 65 years should be consuming less than 300mg per day.
- Do not consume more than 400 mg dose in a day.
IN CASE OF OVERDOSE:
In the case of overdose these medical conditions are occurring like seizures, bradycardia, problem with the breathing, feeling of vomiting, and pain in the chest and skin inflammation. In such situation immediately inform to your doctor.
IN CASE OF MISSED DOSE:
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember; taking more than one dose at a same time is prohibited.
Some side effects of Ultram 100 mg are weakness, problem in breathing, trembling, constipations, diarrhoea, feeling tenseness, painfulness occurs, breaking of skin, severe headache, vertigo, blood pressure is becoming reduced or increase, the problem with the measure of the eye, prickliness, discomfort in the chest is also occurring, difficulty in the sleeping, unclear vision, , the eye pupil becomes huge, lips become yellowish or blue, rigidity of muscles, unstable walk, face became warm or hot, heart rate become unstable, dimness, pain in throat, gland become inflamed, burning on the skin, flushing, and feeling, memory is becoming weak and confusion state is occurring.
Earlier in the administration of the medication, take these below mentioned precautions:
- If the patients is using any herbal drug.
- Patient is suffering from asthma.
- If the patient is suffering from these medical conditions like kidney disorder, liver damage, and seizures.
- Avoid alcohol when you start taking this medication.
- Escape drive while you take this drug.
- If the patient is suffering from the phenylketonuria then not using this drug.