Xtane is a potent hormonal therapy that is used for the cure of breast tumor in postmenopausal women who have received two to three year anticancer drug such as Tamoxifen. Exemastane is an active chemical compound of this medicine. This medicine belongs to the aromatase enzyme inhibitor group. This medicine shows its action by reducing the production of estrogen which is secreted from the ovary and the adrenal gland. This enzyme is lead to the production of the estrogen by the conversation of androgen to the estrogen. Exemastane acts as a spurious substrate for the aromatase enzyme and make an irreversible intermediary substrate after the bind to the active side of the enzyme, result in inactivation of the enzyme. Besides, this estrogen hormone level is also producing other effect like water retention, weight gain and Gynecomastia worst. This medicine should keep in cool and dry place.
Indications of Xtane
Xtane is indicated for the management of the breast tumor in postmenopausal women whose disease has progressed by the Tamoxifen therapy
Contraindications of Xtane
These are the medical conditions, in which this medicine shows contraindication. These medical conditions are specified below
- Hypersensitivity reaction
- Premenopausal women
- During pregnancy
- During lactation
Drug Interactions of Xtane
Drug interactions are the condition in which two or more drugs act together within a body and influence the action of each drug. Aromasin exhibits some interactions with other drugs which are described below;
- CYP3A4 inhibitors: Ritonavir, Rifampin, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, and Phenobarbital.
- Anti estrogen drug; Tamoxifen Toremifene and Fulvestrant
- Anti coagulants drug; Warfarin and Coumarin
- Estrogens; Ethinyl estradiol and Conjugated Estrogens
Storage condition of Xtane
This medicine must be stored at controlled room temperature and protect from direct sunlight or moisture. This medicine should be close in air tight container and please do not store any expiry date medicine.
Write Your Own Review
Xtane is a solid dosage form. The recommended dose of this medicine is 25 mg single dose in which is administrate by the oral route one day after the meal. The route of administration is oral. This medicine should take after the meal.
Missed Dose of Xtane
If you missed your dose then please take it as soon as possible but if it had taken a long time than skipped it and take the regular dose as per schedule and avoided the double dose of this medicine.
Overdose of Xtane
You should avoid overdose of this medicine because any overdose can cause to develop serious sign and symptoms. Please contact with the doctor about overdose case.
This xtane have any adverse effects which are unbalanced breathing, increase heartbeat, back pain, sadness, cough, and severity in the chest, vomiting, nausea, inflammation of legs and increase body temperature.
The above list of adverse effects is not complete then you experienced any other side effect then immediately contact your doctor.
You must follow few precautions before taken this medicine because these precautions are helpful for your health. These precautions are described below
- You have any allergic reaction towards this medicine then you should avoid this medication.
- Please avoid this medicine with the anticoagulant drug.
- This medicine does not give proper effectiveness together with other hormone therapy.
- This medicine does not recommend to the premenopausal women.
- The patients who are suffering from the renal and hepatic patient should take this medicine with caution.
- Breast feeding female should not take this medicine because this drug may exceed to the baby through the milk.
- Pediatric patient should take this medicine with caution because this patient more susceptible towards its adverse effect.